Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map Making: Token Scale to Hex Grid not matching

Hey folks, sorry for the dumb question but I tried looking at tutorials around this issue but refer to map scaling--not token scaling. Problem:     I build a 'new page/map' in roll 20, create a Hex Grid (V) with all defaults and grid enabled.  When i drag over hex 'tokens' from Cone of Negative Energy Hex Kit to build out my Hex map the Hex Tokens are way smaller than the Roll 20 Hex Grid.  So I have to go into each 'token' hex i drag and drop and right click and set dimensions to get it to look right.  As you can imagine this will take forever if I have to build a large or medium size hex map.  When I go into the default hex token (right after i drag and drop it and check set dimensions) it defaults to 70 pixels which, in my mind, is the correct settings and SHOULD line up with the Roll 20 Hex map--but nonetheless it is way smaller and i have to set it to around 95 to get it to look right. I have to go into each one and set its dimension or 'alt' drag the borders to line up for EACH token.   Does anybody have any solutions that could help set a default value to the tokens automatically as I drag them onto the map that more aligns with the roll 20 map? Also, i have messed with making the roll 20 hex size bigger to match the 'scale' of the tokens but it seems the tokens 'auto adjust' and end up smaller relative to the roll 20 map hex, no matter what i do. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Edited 1604516229
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Take a look at this thread. That user was using Hex (H), but the method would be the same. The numbers associated with Hex (V) dimensions can be found in this thread (the top set of x- and y-spacing values in the excel screenshot). I think using the approach from the first thread using the numbers from the second might get you closer. EDIT - Ugh, NM I just realized you were asking for token rescaling, not map alignment with hex grid. I don't know anything about the Negative Energy Hex Kit you are referring to, so I'm not sure why it doesn't fill the hex grid. When I drag regular tokens out to a hex grid, they are sized correctly. Sounds like there might be a transparent buffer/border around the "default hex token" you mentioned?