Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can multisided tokens be used as default tokens?

Just a question. I had always assumed that if you had a multisided token, you could set it as the default token for a character sheet, but I haven't been able to make it work. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I do it a lot. What happens when you try? List the steps you try in order and maybe we can find out where the disconnect is happening.
I create a multisided token from a rollable table. Connect it to a character sheet (represents). Set the defaults and such. Then I edit the character sheet and use "use selected token as default." All good. But when I drag that character onto a new map, it gives me a regular token with only one side. I am probably doing something wrong.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Does the multisided option show up at all when you right click on it?
Kraynic said: Does the multisided option show up at all when you right click on it? No. That's what alerted me to it not working.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is weird. Those steps should work, and indeed I just verified by following them in a test campaign. Some thoughts: Do you have multiple characters with the same name in the campaign? Are you using a non-supported browser or roll-20 affecting extension? You have verified that the token is actually multisided before choosing it as a default token?
keithcurtis said: That is weird. Those steps should work, and indeed I just verified by following them in a test campaign. Some thoughts: Do you have multiple characters with the same name in the campaign? Are you using a non-supported browser or roll-20 affecting extension? You have verified that the token is actually multisided before choosing it as a default token? No multiple characters. Using Chrome and yes, I've verified that it's multisided. It is possible that VTTES is affecting me here. I'll try it tonight with the extension off and see if anything changes. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah VTTES does intercept some functions, including making a default token. I assumed from the way you stated it you were doing it manually, not using the extension's command.
keithcurtis said: Ah VTTES does intercept some functions, including making a default token. I assumed from the way you stated it you were doing it manually, not using the extension's command. I have been doing it manually. That's why I'm perplexed! I use the extension to edit default token settings sometimes, but with a rollable token, I do it the old-fashioned way. Anyhow I'll check. :)
Ok, very weird. I just tried it and now it works. Did not do a thing differently except for changing the token's side (toggling the two sides) before setting it as the default token. Odd.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is weird. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, I guess. :)