Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ability Score with Blue Asterisk

As explained in the previous post, I am having this exact issue. There is nothing in equipment or the settings of the character sheet causing this. I have found an attribute on the character sheet called @{strength_flag} which has a value of 1. It's the only ability score with that flag set to 1. Setting it to 0 seems to correct the issue, but the values for the corresponding stats don't change. I can delete all the attributes related to this ability score, but when new values are entered it reverts to a blue asterisk with an insanely high number. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8888035/dex-ability-and-modifier-in-blue-with-asterisk" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8888035/dex-ability-and-modifier-in-blue-with-asterisk</a>

Edited 1604703841
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The flag unfortunately just controls the appearance - it gives the blue colour and allows you to mouse over to see your base score. I don't think there are any values that get pulled here, apart from @{strength_bonus} and item mods. Would you mind trying these two things, with your token selected? Firstly just see what these give when pasted into the chat bar: @{selected|strength_base} @{selected|strength_bonus} @{selected|strength} @{selected|strength_mod} Then try pasting this into chat and see what you get (depending on how much stuff you're carrying you may need to continue the $row numbers: &amp;{template:npcaction}{{description=@{selected|repeating_inventory_$0_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$1_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$2_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$3_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$4_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$5_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$6_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$7_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$8_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$9_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$10_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$11_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$12_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$13_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$14_itemmodifiers} @{selected|repeating_inventory_$15_itemmodifiers}}} Are you able to reply back with whatever chat spits back at you? We never did find a solution in the previous thread.
@{selected|strength_base} 10 @{selected|strength_bonus} 0 @{selected|strength} 11215 @{selected|strength_mod} 5602 Item Type: Shield, AC: 2 Item Type: Adventuring Gear Item Type: Adventuring Gear Item Type: Adventuring Gear selected|repeating_inventory_$10_itemmodifiers There were some duplicating value in the inventory before. Thinking this might be a culprit, I deleted all those values with no change to the character sheet. There is no change even after deleting the entire inventory. I have not deleted the character sheet though. If you send me a campaign invite I can export the sheet to your game.

Edited 1604705024
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try setting the str mod on the settings sheet to 1 and then back to 0. Does that fix the issue? It might be that a sheetworker failed to fire?
It did not fix the issue. I even tried deleting the attribute again before entering the ability score again.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
PapaWhiskey11 said: Item Type: Shield, AC: 2 Item Type: Adventuring Item Type: Adventuring Gear Item Type: Adventuring Gear selected|repeating_inventory_$10_itemmodifiers There were some duplicating value in the inventory before. Thinking this might be a culprit, I deleted all those values with no change to the character sheet. There is no change even after deleting the entire inventory. I have not deleted the character sheet though. If you send me a campaign invite I can export the sheet to your game. This seems odd, what happened to rows $4 to $9? And $11 onwards, or did you only run up to $10? And what were the values which were duplicating?

Edited 1604706910
Oosh said: PapaWhiskey11 said: Item Type: Shield, AC: 2 Item Type: Adventuring Item Type: Adventuring Gear Item Type: Adventuring Gear selected|repeating_inventory_$10_itemmodifiers There were some duplicating value in the inventory before. Thinking this might be a culprit, I deleted all those values with no change to the character sheet. There is no change even after deleting the entire inventory. I have not deleted the character sheet though. If you send me a campaign invite I can export the sheet to your game. This seems odd, what happened to rows $4 to $9? And $11 onwards, or did you only run up to $10? And what were the values which were duplicating? I omitted the lines for items he didn't have. Consider the output to be this: Item Type: Shield, AC: 2 Item Type: Adventuring Item Type: Adventuring Gear Item Type: Adventuring Gear having redacted 4+

Edited 1604708444
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Very odd - looking at the Legacy sheet, there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to look but the Item Mods. The Attribute update is @{strength_base} + @{strength_bonus} + 'item_mod'. We can see @{strength_bonus} on the sheet, and Keith's suggestion should have weeded that out anyway. Of course, there's no guarantee that the current sheet hasn't completely rewritten this section, but one thing stuck out at me: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if ( mod . indexOf ( ":" )&nbsp;&gt;&nbsp;- 1 )&nbsp;{ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; var &nbsp; new_base &nbsp;=&nbsp;! isNaN ( parseInt ( mod . replace ( / [^ 0-9 ] / g ,&nbsp; "" ),&nbsp; 10 ))&nbsp;?&nbsp; parseInt ( mod . replace ( / [^ 0-9 ] / g ,&nbsp; "" ),&nbsp; 10 )&nbsp;:&nbsp; false ; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; item_base &nbsp;=&nbsp; new_base &nbsp;&amp;&amp;&nbsp; new_base &nbsp;&gt;&nbsp; item_base &nbsp;?&nbsp; new_base &nbsp;:&nbsp; item_base ; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;} &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; else &nbsp; if ( mod . indexOf ( "-" )&nbsp;&gt;&nbsp;- 1 )&nbsp;{ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; var &nbsp; new_mod &nbsp;=&nbsp;! isNaN ( parseInt ( mod . replace ( / [^ 0-9 ] / g ,&nbsp; "" ),&nbsp; 10 ))&nbsp;?&nbsp; parseInt ( mod . replace ( / [^ 0-9 ] / g ,&nbsp; "" ),&nbsp; 10 )&nbsp;:&nbsp; false ; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; item_bonus &nbsp;=&nbsp; new_mod &nbsp;?&nbsp; item_bonus &nbsp;-&nbsp; new_mod &nbsp;:&nbsp; item_bonus ; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;} &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; else &nbsp;{ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; var &nbsp; new_mod &nbsp;=&nbsp;! isNaN ( parseInt ( mod . replace ( / [^ 0-9 ] / g ,&nbsp; "" ),&nbsp; 10 ))&nbsp;?&nbsp; parseInt ( mod . replace ( / [^ 0-9 ] / g ,&nbsp; "" ),&nbsp; 10 )&nbsp;:&nbsp; false ; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; item_bonus &nbsp;=&nbsp; new_mod &nbsp;?&nbsp; item_bonus &nbsp;+&nbsp; new_mod &nbsp;:&nbsp; item_bonus ; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;} When this loops through Item Mods, it looks first for a colon ':'. Strength: 18 will set it to 18 unless it's already higher. Then it looks for '-', a malus to the attribute, and applies that. Then everything else falls through to the last section,&nbsp; and it gets added to item_mod. If some garbage from the repeating rows is somehow getting through to this part, that last else{} is going to strip out everything apart from the digits, then add it to your strength. I'm kind of thinking this has to be where these crazy errors are coming from, unless it looks very different these days (the Legacy sheet is getting pretty old... but I don't remember Item Mods changing dramatically.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah this appears to check out. Adding an item with a Item Mod "Dexterity asdfg192asdg16" results in: No idea how something like that is getting in to that function in the sheetworker... it looks like roughly the right number of digits for a unique _id (since the sheetworker strips everything else out of the string), whether it's a row id or what, I'm not sure.
I recall a bug from months ago on the D&amp;D 5e sheet, where if you drag a particular item from the compendium to your sheet it affects an ability score like this. I do not recall details and I can't find the post, but it was a very strange sounding bug, but reproducible. You may want to ask your DM to make a copy of your character and give you permission to it and go through and delete your items one by one and see if one of them makes a difference.
I'm the DM. It occurred when I was editing the damage dice for a weapon in the Attacks and Spellcasting &nbsp;area. I've since recreated the character sheet, but that took awhile based on all the scripts I run. This isn't the first time I've seen the weird blue asterisk though. It'd be nice to be able to correct it when it occurs.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you still have the broken copy of the character?
I do. I can export to a game if you PM me an invite.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Awesome, will do. Curious to find out where this gremlin is.
It just happened again, with a different character sheet, in a different campaign, when doing something different (updating their level).

Edited 1604968044
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The error seemed to disappear as soon as I edited the sheet - I don't think the bug survived the import/export process. As soon as I added a strength bonus, the sheetworker set the strength &amp; strength_mod to the correct values, whatever junk was in the itemmodifier fields seems to be gone. Are you able to try exporting, then importing to a different game, to see if it fixes the issue? Just to eliminate some possibilities, are you running any browser extensions (R20 related... I can't see and ad blocker messing with specific sheet rows) or using any homebrew items in the inventories common to both sheets that had the issue?
Exported/Imported to the same game: no improvement Exported/Imported to a different game: no improvement added a strength bonus: no improvement removed strength bonus: no improvement Deleted every attribute related to strength: no improvement On both character sheets, the strength score was set to the same value (11215). So same stat was set to the same value.