Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] I'll run Rime of the Frostmaiden, you run Tomb of Annihilation after

Hello hello! Here's the important info and I'll explain more after Game Link When: Every other Friday, 7:15/7:30 - 10/10:15 PM EST Session Zero date: Nov 20 What are we playing:  Rime of The Frostmaiden Type of game I run: Mix of role play, puzzles, fighting, survival, etc. Your actions have consequences. You don't always have to fight. We're telling a story together. I am not God. I'm just keeping us on a healthy pace & handling rules issues when they come up.  Who else is playing: Two long time friends from college that I've played with for the past 8ish years, sibling of one friend, friend of a friend, then you. How long have I been playing/DMing: I started playing around 12 years old. Played on and off for a year or two. Stopped. Picked it back up in college around 22. Started DMing before I turned 23. Played in a few campaigns as a PC. Played in a handful of games as DM. Ran 2 year+ long games. Took a break for 2 years. Just got back into it during the pandemic. So about 5-6 years of DMing experience in 5e. A few years of PC experience in 5e. A year of exp in 4e. A year of exp in 3.5.  What I am looking for: Someone who wants to play, is respectful of others, is going to work together, and is willing to run Tomb of Annihilation for us after this campaign is finished, is an adult. Here's some more information about the group, assuming you are like me and want to know all of this before you make a decision. lol Myself and two of my closest gaming friends have played together for a while. We all DM for each other, for others, etc. I offered to run the game we just finished up and I thought it would be cool if we played Rime of the Frostmaiden. They couldn't commit to running a game so I offered to run this one for us. But I have always wanted to play (not run) Tomb of Annihilation. I love yuanti. I love exploration. I love the entire premise of the campaign. So I asked if they would commit to running that game and they both were unsure. So I had a thought: we could use another player, I'd love to give someone an opportunity to play if they're looking for a group, and maybe they would run Tomb in exchange for me running Rime. So that's how we got here. Our group is pretty inclusive. We are respectful to each other and want everyone to feel welcome to the table. I don't tolerate out of game bigotry or hate or sexism or racism or any of that nonsense. In session 0, I plan on going over people's comfort levels about different elements to gaming. ex: I ran a game that was heavily focused on the fallout of a lich ruining a continent and the tribes that survived were incredibly racist and isolated. The party had to confront those evils and restore hope by destroying the lich. It dealt with some heavy topics but it was never PvP doing these topics. I spoke with all the PCs often to make sure they were comfortable with what was going on. A PC decided to end his own life in that game and it was heavy for the rest of the party to handle. We had a session outside of the game to talk through that because it was not expected or planned.  I say all of that to say this: I do not shy away from the evils of the world or how they could add to a story of heroes. I invite the PCs to overcome those issues but never at the expense of someone's emotional well being outside of the game. If someone says they're not comfortable with X, X will not show up in the game I run. If someone has an issue with something that happens, I will address it and we will find a resolution. This is about having fun and enjoying the experience. I want us all to come and enjoy what we're doing. We are playing Rime. Which has a sense of survival and horror to it. Just a heads up if that's not clear. I want to use some homebrew but nothing wild. Maybe an adjusted rest system, if everyone is cool with it. And a few other tweaks but nothing is finalized. I don't want to ruin the 5e system. I think it's really solid. I also welcome anyone who wants to use homebrew, just talk to me and we'll figure out if we can make it work. All content from official Wotc is welcome.  We do use voice on discord. We do use video on Roll20. Hopefully this sounds like fun to you. Playing Rime with a new group and enjoying being a PC. Then after the campaign, you have a group that you'll run Tomb for. We all chill and get along and not be jerks to each other. We tell a cool story. We grow as gaming friends.  If you're interested, Post and we'll talk. First come, first served. The session 0 is soon (Friday November 20). I'm hoping to have the game up and running by December. Be well, Eric
Hi Eric, My name is Tyler, I used to DM a lot when I was younger but took a long break and am getting back into it now. Only been DMing for a few months but I'm running two games now (both using Ghosts of Saltmarsh in a homebrew campaign setting) and want to continue developing my skills. I do a lot of research working to improve my craft and have been having a lot of fun at it. I'd love to chat with you about it and see if you are interested and if it seems like a good fit I'd love to run Tomb of Annihilation for your group after playing through Rime of the Frostmaiden. PS I am 30yrs old, male, live in California at the moment. Let me know what you think and hope to chat soon, Tyler
I'm interested in this game too.  If you're interested in talking I can give you my Discord.  Been playing for a while (since 3.5) and can get behind your message.