Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animations keep disappearing

Hi, I have recently tried out various animated tokens in my maps, and noticed something strange: The animations randomly keep disappearing. It doesn't happen always, I haven't found a way of replicating it, it just keeps happening to my maps as I playtet them. Last time I opened the map, the animation token was there, next time I open the map the animation is simply gone. It doesn't happen with any other tokens, only the animated ones. I've tried using different browsers and computers (Chromebook and Win laptop), but it doesn't seem to be affected by that. Anyone knows how this happens or how to prevent it from happening?
You could always disable animations - but this is besides the point.  I Had some trouble with this mainly when I switched between apps and had the browser in the background for a while. Does this happen as well when you have no other app overlaying the browser? (I just moved everything to the other monitor)
Yes, I often work with just the browser with one single tab open - still happens. :-(
I've been experiencing this same glitch myself, with the animated weather effects token pack. I've been trying to make an underground hot springs map, using the fog token from that pack to serve as steam, and it looks great for a while! But randomly, when I close the session and come back to it the next day, one or more of my fog tokens, or as it was today all  of my fog tokens, will be missing from the map. I don't know why this keeps happening, but I really wish it would stop.
Same problem. Developers, please, we are waiting for an answer!