Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

My game isnt being advertised.

I have tried making a new one, I waited the entire night for the first one to be posted to LFG. I made a new one just to make sure there were no mistakes on the old one, and that one has been up since this morning for about 6 hours. Is the team just slow at approving them or is there some issue with my post? I've never had this issue before and I run a lot of games here.  In short, I'm creating new games and they aren't being shared on the LFG section after extended periods of time - is it an issue with my post - or is it an issue with roll20 approval being slow?

Edited 1605226262
I am also experiencing this issue. My game has been up, showing as Listed, for over 48 hours but is completely absent from the LFG tool. I have searched in every way I can, but there is nothing. *EDIT* This is now true for a second game for me as well. Game was listed 4.5 hours ago, still shows Listed, but is not in the LFG tool.
Same - although more specifically: - a game that was in LFG for a few days is still shown, even after I disabled and reenabled it - a game that's been going on for a while, but has its LFG just put back isn't being shown - a newly created game isn't being shown
I'm having the same problem as well, game has been up for 2 and a half days but no matter how I search for it, or have friends search for it, they can't find it.
And here I Reported it back in June and no one commented on my post so I thought it was just me also Lfg "Start Soon" search is not finding any games on that day but instead go out a week or have random days set out. But Still no games I have made or set up have been showing outside of Pick up game. 
Okay guys, there is an easy fix for this . Currently looking for group search tool seems not to display games starting soon. For example if you search for games and you click "starting soon" the tool actually generates games of a whole range of different days and starting times, instead of games that are about to start. (There is another thread about this in Bugs forum). The issue that you guys are talking about is slightly different and seems to be intermittent, in that most of the time the game will display in the LFG tool but other times when you go to create a game, it won't display at all. And then many weeks will go by where the tool works perfectly fine. Some users experience this issue; others do not. Here's the trick:  Post your game. Wait up to two hours and search for your game. The game does not appear. Now, adjust the starting time by several minutes. List game Wait and check again  Game will be listed. This has worked every single time for me. It's a quick and easy fix. Don't make the mistake of posting a game and then waiting hours or days for it to appear. Check for your new game straight away and if it doesn't show up then go back and adjust the start time, this seems to trigger the system to repost your game. (Every time you change the start time of the game, the game will be listed --- or I should say, relisted with the new time). And it would be very cumbersome and frustrating to have to constantly create a new game every time the previous one did not show up in the listings -- not to mention the delay this causes. So try my suggested fix, it works for me.
Thanks for the tip, David. When I read this I thought, "Why didn't I try that!?" I immediately went and pushed both games forward by 5 minutes. Unfortunately, here we are well over 2 hours later and still no sign of the games in the LFG tool. I sent a request to Support a little over a day ago, and have received this response from them earlier this evening. " Hey folks, We apologize for the inconvenience. We're currently investigating a bug with the LFG tool concerning games listings that are affecting some users. We'll be doing research going into the weekend and will let you know once we manage to sniff out the issue at hand. All the best, - Roll20 Team" I know there are other issues happening with LFG right now also, so hopefully we will get some more information soon.
The "trick" used to work but now the issue seems to be more pervasive, so it's good to see that a fix is on the horizon.
Here's the link for that bug report thread about the searchable LFGs -- including "Starting: soon" and avatar displays issues: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9483486/searchable-join-a-game-lfgs-are-broken-for-all-of-roll20/?pageforid=9483486#post-9483486" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9483486/searchable-join-a-game-lfgs-are-broken-for-all-of-roll20/?pageforid=9483486#post-9483486</a>
Dungeon Master David said: Okay guys, there is an easy fix for this . Currently looking for group search tool seems not to display games starting soon. For example if you search for games and you click "starting soon" the tool actually generates games of a whole range of different days and starting times, instead of games that are about to start. (There is another thread about this in Bugs forum). The issue that you guys are talking about is slightly different and seems to be intermittent, in that most of the time the game will display in the LFG tool but other times when you go to create a game, it won't display at all. And then many weeks will go by where the tool works perfectly fine. Some users experience this issue; others do not. Here's the trick:&nbsp; Post your game. Wait up to two hours and search for your game. The game does not appear. Now, adjust the starting time by several minutes. List game Wait and check again&nbsp; Game will be listed. This has worked every single time for me. It's a quick and easy fix. Don't make the mistake of posting a game and then waiting hours or days for it to appear. Check for your new game straight away and if it doesn't show up then go back and adjust the start time, this seems to trigger the system to repost your game. (Every time you change the start time of the game, the game will be listed --- or I should say, relisted with the new time). And it would be very cumbersome and frustrating to have to constantly create a new game every time the previous one did not show up in the listings -- not to mention the delay this causes. So try my suggested fix, it works for me. Unfortunately this solution does not work at all.
I know, but it used to work. The developers are now fixing the issue.
just to chime in and say that my game is also not showing after 1 day of it being posted. here's hoping that they fix it soon.
Just got an update from Support. The issue appears to be fixed. Both of my games are showing up now. Be sure to check the LFG tool for yours, and be sure to check 18+ if applicable.
Devin G. said: Just got an update from Support. The issue appears to be fixed. Both of my games are showing up now. Be sure to check the LFG tool for yours, and be sure to check 18+ if applicable. Yep, my games now appear in the LFG tool. And the "starting soon" bug has also been fixed, so when you sort results by games starting soon it shows games about to start at the top of the list.