Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5e ATK/DMG Macros

Edited 1605270848
Hello I was wondering if it would be possible to have a Macro for ATK and DMG to use with a weapon, say Greataxe (1d12 damage), considering the following features the PC has: SAVAGE ATTACKS : on a crit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the crit. GREAT WEAPON MASTER :  on a crit or when you reduce a creature to 0 HP with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action | Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose (query) to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage. First of all I would like to state that I have no access to the API. I was thinking something like this: If the enemy were to be reduced to 0 HP I'd manually make another ATK roll, no problem. Unfortunately I don't know what to start with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok, I'm assuming this is the R20 5e sheet, if it isn't then disregard all of this: Savage attacks you can just manually change the CRIT field of your weapon damage in the Attacks & Spellcasting section of the Core tab - so for the Greataxe you'd just put 2d12 in there. I know it says "you can" roll the extra die, but I can't think of too many situations where you'd choose not to. If you wanted to, you could use a pretty hacky solution to get yourself a GWM button on the crit damage output. This is probably a bit over-engineered, so skip it if you like :) If you copy & paste this in to the CRIT field: 2d12]] [GWM](~GWM)}} {{[[0 Then go to the Attributes & Abilities tab up the top of the sheet window. Add a new Ability in the right hand column. Call it GWM and enter this: /me makes a bonus GWM attack! @{repeating_attack_$0_rollbase} The only thing you may need to change is the $0 part. This is a Row ID reference to your Attacks & Spellcasting section on the Core tab, where your weapons are. It's 0-indexed, so the first entry is $0, the next is $1 and so on. So if Greataxe is not the first entry, change the $0 to the appropriate number. And change the emote message if you like! Save the Ability macro. You should now have a GWM button next to the damage when you roll a crit. If the crit kills the enemy, just click that button and it'll roll another attack with the message that it's a bonus attack. Simple?
Oosh said: Savage attacks you can just manually change the CRIT field of your weapon damage in the Attacks & Spellcasting section of the Core tab - so for the Greataxe you'd just put 2d12 in there. I know it says "you can" roll the extra die, but I can't think of too many situations where you'd choose not to. Right, agree, didn't even think to manually modify it there... Save the Ability macro. You should now have a GWM button next to the damage when you roll a crit. If the crit kills the enemy, just click that button and it'll roll another attack with the message that it's a bonus attack . Simple? Yeah, I just copied it without even trying to understand the code... too difficult for me.. only thing, I always see that Bonus Attack coming sorta message prior to the roll and damage table, no matter if it's a normal hit or a crit...
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The GWM button should only be appearing when you roll damage from a crit - the rest of the time you want to just be attacking from the normal Greataxe button, so it's not running the Ability macro (GWM) and generating that bonus attack message. So, just clicking on Greataxe in the Attacks & Spellcasting list, or however you were previously rolling attacks.
Right. Thank you