Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script Request] Adding/Updating Ability macros

Does an API Script exist that will create & populate Ability macros on Character Sheets or, if not, is it possible to create one?  Ideally, I'd like it to follow a usage structure very similar to the ChatSetAttr API Script, with the selection parameters --sel, --charid, --name, --all, and --allgm working the same way as ChatSetAttr, and --silent, --mute, --nocreate, --fb-public, --fb-from, --fb-header, & --fb-content options also working the same way (other options seem less relevant to ability macros).   --ability_name1|{character_name|ability_name2} would copy the contents of ability macro "character_name|ability_name2" to the selected character sheet(s) and give it the name "ability_name1".  If --nocreate was specified, it would only copy & overwrite an existing ability macro, and do nothing with that sheet if there was not an existing ability with the name "ability_name1". The reason I would like this or something similar is that I am creating a set of macro libraries for DMs to set up character sheets, and upgrade them as new macros are released.  Upgrading is mostly achieved using attributes, but sometimes needs new abilities, which I would like to pick up from a library of ability macros held in a specific character sheet. Help and advice would be welcome, and especially a pointer to an existing or new API Script!
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could try Jakob's very own hack of Jakob's script. I've never used it, but presumably it works?
Oosh said: You could try Jakob's very own hack of Jakob's script. I've never used it, but presumably it works? Thanks, Oosh, that looks just what I'm after!  I'll try it out in my game testbed. If I'd been a bit brainier about my search, I'd have searched Jakob's posts, wouldn't I?