Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Remove/Shrink Names or make text bigger

I've got a player having trouble seeing the map. Even with the chat avatars set to "names only" the names are taking up too much space on the map. Is there any way to remove the names entirely? Failing that is there any way to make the text really big so he can zoom out ? The posts i found on that either didn't work or were missing a step in their explanation.
What text are you needing to be made bigger? Text boxes placed on the map have their size set by the one putting them on the map.
The chat window mostly

Edited 1605654976
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How is the chat window obscuring the map? I'm a bit baffled. Your player can install Stylus and use this: .message { /* This will make all the chat window text bigger */ font-size:22px; line-height:22px } .message.general .by { /* This will hide the name of the player sending the message */ display:none; } But, again, this will have no effect whatsoever on the map. You can hide/modify everything but the canvas with CSS. Is it Token nameplates you're trying to turn off?
The player can actually move the chat window to it's own window (or screen if using multiple screens). Double click on the chat tab icon at the top and it will open the chat in a separate window that can then be zoomed in to make the text a good size to be read.
The chat window is not obscuring the map. The name template is. Even when set to just show the name rather than a large/small picture. He has to scroll in to see the chat window. option 1: eliminate the name template entirely option 2: make the chat text bigger and zoom out option 3) something i haven't thought of.
When I pop out the window on firefox my map dissapears When i pop out the window in chrome the two windows are linked, zooming on one zooms on the other
But, again, this will have no effect whatsoever on the map. You can hide/modify everything but the canvas with CSS. Is it Token nameplates you're trying to turn off? What is CSS ? I am trying to turn off Where it displays your picture at the bottom of the screen.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I use a bookmark(let?) to delete the avatars and also make the macrobar have multi-line capability. I take no credit for this; it's something I ran across on the forums. Only tested on Firefox and Chrome. Make a new bookmark and paste this in the URL: javascript:(function(){ $("#playerzone .player").css("display", "none"); $("#macrobar_macros").css("white-space", "normal"); $("#macrobar").css("height", "auto"); $("#macrobar_macros .macrobox .btn").each(function(){ $(this).text( $(this).text().replace(/[^:]+: /, "")); }); })(); After you log in, click the bookmark and the avatars will disappear and the macrobar will go to multi-line (no more annoying tiny scroll bar!). You will have to do this each time you log in since the change is not permanent, but it's literally one click and so useful. Will have to click it again if another player logs in after you, as well. This macrobar is kind of a hot mess right now (I'm in process of converting to more token actions), but you get the idea. :)

Edited 1605662805
wooot thank you. that worked perfectly thank youthank youthank youthank you
One other option that might help is Firefox's zoom text only (I've only ever found this in Firefox, not in other browsers). If you press the Alt key it brings up some additonal menu options at the top of the screen, go in to View, and yo will find that the Zoom option has its own menu, at the bottom of which is the zoom text only option.  This enlargers the text but nothing else on the screen.  it can be a problem if the text ends up bigger than the box it is meant to fit in, but it might be a useful tool to know about.