Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Concentration Error, "Character_name is not defined"

So when I cast a spell from the OGL sheet its fine and tracks everything, the problem occurs when I click on a token and then do the "!concentrate" macro. All of my scripts crash, so it makes it impossible to remove concentration except by damage.  Im not a programmer so Im not sure what to do but if I could get this working id be really grateful. Heres the reference code from the box. ReferenceError: character_name is not defined ReferenceError: character_name is not defined at addConcentration (apiscript.js:4267:52) at apiscript.js:4239:33 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at handleInput (apiscript.js:4237:42) at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1661:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) If it matters my other scripts are: 5e OGL companion, group iniative, lazyexperiance, deathtracker and a faerun calender script.
Looks like I'm giving this thread a bump right before it gets archived, but I'm getting a similar error. I've tried the "latest" version (1.8) a slightly older 1.6 version that I'd changed the concentration marker for. I've tried NPCs, PCs, making token names match character names, manually running "!concentration MagicSpell" as well as casting spells from the 5e OGL sheet, all crash with the below error. A) It (the 'custom' 1.6 version) has been working brilliantly until a couple months ago. I'm assuming Roll20 implemented something that didn't sit well with this API B) The creator, Robin Kuiper, has had no updates to Roll20 APIs, his GitHub library , or even his Patreon in 2 years. It's doubtful he's pursing these forums to see these bug reports. if there's anyone else here that would care to take a look. Even a manually added script would be beneficial as this API auto-rolling Con saves to keep concentration on a spell is super  handy and helps everyone playing the game. ReferenceError: character_name is not defined ReferenceError: character_name is not defined at addConcentration (apiscript.js:16095:52) at apiscript.js:16067:33 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at handleInput (apiscript.js:16065:42) at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1662:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546)

Edited 1611122075
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alright folks.  Robyn hasn't been around in a long time.  His concepts were absolutely brilliant but he would come back to Roll20 for short periods of time, make a flurry of changes, and then leave often leaving bugs in his wake.  Concentration, Combat Tracker, Status Info have all been combined into Combat Master.  I built upon his brilliant concepts and fixed his issues.  All in one.  Continue with Concentration if you wish, but it hasn't been supported in years and I won't support it.  Your call.  I loved what he was doing but encountered issue after issue.  Why I choose to take his concepts, combine and fix.