Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tasha's..

I have a question, i picked up tasha's and with like all the other books its got nothing i can actually read(that i can find) all the stats and character creation stuff is imported in but i find myself having to buy the actual book just to know what i am doing. Is there a way to actually read the book in roll20?
At the top of the page go to Tools>Compendium Then Pick D&D and click on Tasha's
I am having problems in that several feats - Fey touched - are not showing correctly  in the compendium and bonus to stat or secondary spell not being correct in the charactermancer? Also subclasses not showing correctly in the base class? 
Not all content from Tasha's has been implemented into the charactermancer as was/is advertised. We've been told a lot of it should be implemented by end of 2020. The optional rules are being worked on, no date given for when we should expect them implemented.
Yet I paid 50 dollars... 20 dollars more than I would have paid for the actual physical copy from Amazon, and NOT have all the features available? Lets be honest here, how hard is it to transpose text?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not defending the state of the expansion, but clearing up any potential misconception. All text was transposed. The digital copy lacks nothing in that regard. Charactermancer integration is coding, not transposition, and Tasha's added more than just content, but new ways to use that content. I agree that all integration should be there in a finished project. But this is not a matter of copying and pasting text.
Gonna be a hard pass for me, then.  The only reason to buy a book on Roll20 is for use with the charactermancer.  I can get the text in hardcopy for $26 dollars cheaper on Amazon right now.  Can't justify paying double if it doesn't integrate into Roll20 well yet.
I'm going to have to agree. If all the new cool charactermancer stuff wasn't ready, just don't release it till it's finished. Charactermancer integration and compendium updates were the only reason I buy the Roll20 versions of books. I'm not upset, just disappointed they basically released a portion.
The only thing missing now is the Optional Class Features, as far as I'm aware, which they stated in the community roundtable today are on track for release by end of 2020. They also put their hands up and admitted to Tasha's not being up to scratch, but they have done a lot to amend that since release.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Van F. said: I'm going to have to agree. If all the new cool charactermancer stuff wasn't ready, just don't release it till it's finished. Charactermancer integration and compendium updates were the only reason I buy the Roll20 versions of books. I'm not upset, just disappointed they basically released a portion. Can't agree. That's a no-win scenario. If they waited, then people would be complaining about a delayed release date.
Artificers STILL don't gain any spell slots past 1st level. This purchase is really making me thinking about switching to D&D Beyond, as continuing to support Roll20 when they've bungled it this badly seems kinda silly.
um i made my artificer 9th level and i have spells above 1st.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just created an Armorer this morning to test and verified the issue. So it is either new characters, or the armorer subclass that have the problem on level-up.
When allready owning Tasha`s what extra do I get out of buying SCAG for Roll20?  Since it seems that much of that was in Tashas?!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Battle Rage Barbarian, Arcana Cleric, Purple Dragon Knight, Long Death Monk, Oath of the Crown Paladin, Undying Warlock Several Tiefling and Half-Elf variants Maps and text for the the Sword Coast of the Forgotten Realms.  That's off the top of my head and a few quick internet searches. Some of those things may have been reprinted in other books. If you are running a game in the Forgotten Realms, or want to be a class and race completist, it's probably worth the purchase. If not, you'll need to take a look and decide for yourself.
Please get someone to fix the feats. Right now I have a new player that has tried to select the feat Fey Touched and it has locked up the Charactermancer while saving. Gaming is supposed to be fun. This is not fun to lose new players because of poor quality tools.