Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

ZEITGEIST: It's time to rethink what an adventure path can be on Roll20

Edited 1606407037
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
ZEITGEIST is an adventure path for 5th Edition, brought to you by the same people who created the critically-acclaimed War of the Burning Sky campaign saga and featuring the same level of intriguing plot, memorable NPCs, and a strong, immersive storyline, and it starts with  Island at the Axis of the World . Steam and soot darken the skies above the city of Flint, and winds sweeping across its majestic harbor blow the choking products of industrial forges into the fey rainforests that dot its knife-toothed mountains. Since the earliest ages when the people of Risur founded this city, they feared the capricious beings that hid in those fog-shrouded peaks, but now, as the march of progress and the demands of national defense turn Flint into a garden for artifice and technology, the old faiths and rituals that kept the lurkers of the woods at bay are being abandoned. The Unseen Court, the Great Hunt, and the many spirits of the land long ago conquered by Risur's kings no longer receive tribute, but they cannot enter these new cities of steam and steel to demand their tithe. The impoverished workers who huddle in factory slums fear monsters of a different breed, shadowy children of this new urban labyrinth. Even their modern religions have no defenses against these fiends. Times are turning. The skyseers—Risur's folk prophets since their homeland's birth—witness omens in the starry wheels of heaven, and they warn that a new age is nigh. But what they cannot foresee, hidden beyond the steam and soot of the night sky, is the face of this coming era, the spirit of the next age. The   zeitgeist . In the ZEITGEIST campaign saga, your players' characters serve in the Homeland Constabulary of the nation of Risur, protecting the country and its citizens from foreign threats lurking within Risur's borders. During missions of espionage and assassination, their duty will be to root out hostile spies and pursue international conspiracies. As they learn more of their homeland's own secrets, however, their loyalties may be tested, may even be turned, and they may find that it is their hand that controls the gears of the turning age. The ZEITGEIST campaign saga consists of thirteen intricately crafted adventures and is carefully designed to allow starting and stopping points while providing a cohesive, well-plotted story arc. Each adventure is fully integrated into Roll20. NPCs have 5e character sheets and color tokens. Maps are set up with Dynamic Lighting. The adventure text links to characters, other handouts, and the 5e compendium so that all the information you need is just a click away. Best of all, the handouts are linked sequentially so that you can use the external journal to read the adventures and guides from beginning to end on your computer or mobile device. The companion  Campaign Guide & Player's Guide  package contains more than just the text of the guides integrated into Roll20. Inside, you will find tools to augment your campaign: a dramatis personae where your player's can keep notes on significant NPCs, extra NPCs that you can drop into the story at a moment's notice, tracking of the party's prestige, and more!
I already owned this adventure through a Patreon and a previous purchase, but bought it again on Roll20. It was worth every penny and more. The linked journal entries make it so much easier to follow and to do an initial read-through than other adventures I've seen, and there is a lot of material to make dMing this complex adventure much easier. The adventure path itself is one of the greatest of all times (google the reviews), and I'm really excited that it is now available for 5e and in Roll20. 
I want to put in a plug for the Campaign Guide/Player's Guide on Roll20 as well. I already had these resources in pdf (I think they are all free, though they might have been through the Patreon), so initially bought it just to be supportive and because it was only $5. The deeper I get into the player's guide in the Roll 20 format the better it is. I've learned tricks that will help my DMing just from looking at it, and the level of immersion for my incoming players is unlike any game we've ever tried before (and we've been playing together for 20 years). I also moved up to the Pro level to try the API functions on Roll20. There was a big learning curve getting started (as a total non-programmer), but after some initial pain it was totally worth it. Now I'm despairing that this campaign will set an unrealistically high expectation for everything to come and I'll have to retire from DnD.
This looks really interesting. Could be our next campaign. Do you have a rough timeline of when each of the adventures in the saga will be available?
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Roughly every month or two.