Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Clear Chat Log Permanently

I do not know if you can do this, but I can not.  I clear chat log in settings, then if you log out of game and come back in, the chat log is back.  This is not good if your running the same module for different players, as they can see your creature rolls from before and know what to expect.  Is there a way to permanently delete that chat log or if not can you add this.  This would save roll 20 more storage space too.

Edited 1606521721
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The game creator (maybe the co-GM also) can click the games setting button, outside the game, and select clear chat archive. Follow the popup instructions and it deletes the chat. The clear chat log inside the game (in the setting tab) only temporarily clears the chat till the game is reloaded. <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039715753-Game-Management#GameManagement-GameSettings" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039715753-Game-Management#GameManagement-GameSettings</a>
You can permanently delete the chat archive from the main menu of your game (the same menu that contains the API section, the backup function, etc.).
thanks guys
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .