Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][FORGOTTEN REALMS][D&D5E][PAID] LOOKING FOR PLAYERS FOR LONG CAMPAIGN

Edited 1606544567
Memnon is never a boring or peaceful city. One of the Biggest ports of the Sword Coast and Gateway to Calimshan is vivid and colorful, but can also be dangerous. Recently however it is experiencing new things, that even for standards of Memnon are odd. Zhents, fanatics from Thay became active within the city, causing a lot of disturbance both for law abiding citizens and criminals as well. Temples of Selune and Tyr have sent request for help throughout the Sword Coast, looking for those knowledgeable in dealing with fanatics or at least willing to openly resist them. Zhents have never been interested in Calimshan so local authorities have little to none experience how to handle them. Or have they?! In the meantime 2 of the most prominent merchants of the city, Vorkhan Al-Azar and Kharim Bezra, long term partners and friends, members of city council and Ministers of Pasha, became openly hostile to each other. Dispute erupted around common business that turned into disaster and both are blaming the other one. Eventually conflict escalated beyond any control and now both of them are recruiting soldiers of fortune, mercenaries and even common criminals to build an army capable to destroy the other one. Civil war is on the brink. And even Pasha is clueless how to deal with the problem, but something must be done because at this point city is ticking time bomb. In the river of new faces, vagabonds, troublemakers, thieves, bandits, murderers and mercenaries, there is few of a different kind. Those are the ones who can make a difference and bring order back to the troubled City, or they can be the last nail to the coffin. Soon the time will give the answer. Greetings Dear Players! My name is Paul (40 years old with over 20 years of experience in RPG as DM) and I've prepared a campaign for you, set in the famous Forgotten Realms, which starts at the Sword Coast in the City of Memnon. It is made for 5 players, who will start at lvl 3 and should get to lvl 20 before final confrontation. Campaign should last few months (at least 5) and will take you on unexpected journey to some rarely visited parts of Faerun. If you would like to find out where will you get and how one insignificant decision can influence a situation of entire region and destabilize multiple states sign up and dive into the story. We will be playing every Tuesday starting around 7pm EST (the time can be adjusted according to individual situation of players, we will discuss time of session specifically once the team will assemble). If you would like to take part in this campaign, please reply to this topic with information about which character archetype would you like to play as, what is your time zone and a little about yourself. Also send me PM regarding your application with discord ID. We will have a short conversation 1 on 1 to decide if we will find a common tongue. Currently we have 2 players signed up and we are looking for up to 3 additional ones (total number of party members will never be higher than 5). Here is the link to the listing, see you by the virtual table! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/261885/shades-of-the-pretender" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/261885/shades-of-the-pretender</a> I am looking forward to your replies! This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of 10$ paid via Paypal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.
3 players signed up, so we have 1 or 2 more spots left to be taken (maximum number of players in the party is 5). Send me a DM with your discord ID and I will invite you to our cozy but fast growing (we have couple dozens of members right now) community server. Tuesday can be a really good time so don't hesitate :D See you by the virtual table ;) P.S. Female players welcome (we are respectful and have few on our server already so jump in if you want to find a good group with others like yourself) P.P.S. I am busy during day time, usually come online 1 hour before session, so don't panic if I will not respond right away :D P.P.P.S. There are other games played on our server practically every day of the week. If you would like to take part in one of those, feel free to send me DM as well and I will invite you to&nbsp; the server). Currently we have 2 professional DMs working and more will come if community demand will be high enough ;)
Hi, I'm potentially interested but my timezone is London and I also work evenings, so this may not work out. Currently DMing multiple 5E campaigns, one after our DM left suddenly - would like to actually play as PC!&nbsp; I'm happy to play buffs/debuffs/primary healer, or I guess smash stuff in the face if that's what the group needs.&nbsp; Not terribly experienced, but I'm not afraid to role-play, and I make a point of knowing character abilities or at least be able to check things quickly.&nbsp; I usually write decent backstory for the characters I make, including fitting things in with lore and with the campaign as relevant.&nbsp; I'm older (30s), female, don't mind a bit of swearing but prefer things to stay, um, safe for work?&nbsp;
We still have an open spot. Some very interesting things happened recently, so send me a DM if you are looking for good story and nice company ;)

Edited 1609839205
Story so far: Members of the party, while enjoying their dinner in the tavern, have been approached by strange man, who introduced himself as servant of Minister Bezra, and invited for a private conversation with his superior. There, they were received as people "with specific but rare skills" and asked to join the ranks of his secret co-workers in struggle against his opponent, Minister Al-Azar. Their first task was to investigate part of the docks area, that was&nbsp; suspected to be a place where Al-Azar's subordinates perform some suspicious activities after sunset. During surveillance, the party witnessed some strange exchange between sailors and noble looking man (who happened to be a son of Minister Al-Azar, as party discovered later). They decided to abandon heir post and follow the noble, eventually arriving to small city mansion in merchant district. There, curious Wart, member of Grung race, who is looking for his kidnapped tribe members, sneaked inside and discovered that the "package" was in fact a living humanoid, another one from chult, lizardfolk T'ssiltla. Wart decided to help prisoner and shortly after releasing him the fight started. Eventually Wart and T'ssiltla managed to break outside (after Wart collected some of the goods from lock boxes inside of the mansions) where fight started for real. Other members of the party, Warforged Aegis, Wizard Jorah and Dwarf Hamurum joined the battle and together party members managed to outsmart guards of the mansion and escape with T'ssiltla. Their night ride had consequences though. Minister Bezra found out about their adventure and immediately cut all ties with the party asking them never to return to his establishments. More, some of the party members have been memorized during the night ride and now have been on the wanted list, which forced them to run outside the city wall and hide in suburban area. Not all went terribly though. Wart helped T'ssiltla contacting him with his friend, captain of the ship who promised to deliver lizardfolk back to Chult. In return, T'ssiltla gave Wart a small pouch, containing magical object, crystal eyeball that looks like an eye of reptile or snake. Jorah, party wizard, manage to discover than nature of this object is very sinister and wicked, what is more it is also intelligent and already attempted to posses Wart and Jorah himself (without success though). True nature of the eye was shrouded though, but Jorah established that it was not magic of humanoids that made it and neither was it made for humanoids to use it.&nbsp; Confused about their next step, the party is waiting outside city walls, in suburban area that has problems with criminals, problem which the party decided to solve once and for all. If you would like to join our game, send me a pm with your Discord ID and I will guide you from there. The story is still "young" we have played only 3 sessions so there is much more to come. Regardless of your decision, Happy New Year! P.S. As mentioned before, I am online usually 1 hour before session, so don't panic if I won't respond immediately ;) I will respond to your message, you can be sure of that.