Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Initiative Error

Tintin_discord
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I'm getting a group initiative error. When I type "!group-init --help" I get nothing. I want to change the tokens to take the mean number of the initiative and whatever I type in there, won't let me. If I just type "!group-init" with tokens selected, then they all roll. I want that to be a mean, though.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
If you just type !group-init when no tokens are selected, it will bring up the help and configuration menu in chat.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.  I just tested this with the current 1-click version (v0.9.35) and it gave me a menu for both !group-init --help and !group-init with nothing selected.  Can you verify the version you have installed?  Also, do you have any other scripts installed (and maybe a quick list of those).
Tintin_discord
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi David. If I type in that code without any tokens selected, nothing happens. I have no other apis installed. I believe I have the “latest” selected, which is 0.9.35. Could I uninstall and reinstall the scrip? How would I do that? I’ve tried multiple browsers and group initiative works in another game I dm. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Try running this and see if you get a change in the behavior of the script: !group-init-config --set-roller|Mean-All-Roll What is your name in the Game?  It's going to try and whisper to your game name, but there might be some issue, like if you have " in the name, or a blank name.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Tintin: Aaron wrote the script, so I will bow out of the discussion :)

Edited 1606766262
Tintin_discord
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Well, I think that was it. I had a period (as in a ".") in my DM name. Thanks for your help!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, great!  I'll have to test that out and see if I can duplicate it.