Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sheet Author tag for “secondary” authors

mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
Howdy; although it’s just a simple vanity that really has no benefit, I’d like to know how I can update the “sheet.json” file for the system I helped with so that my Roll20 account is tagged properly. I’ve looked around for answers before, and it looks like the ID parameter is correctly filled out (pasting the ID into the relevant part of a Roll20 url takes me to my profile)  so I’m not sure what else I can do. Thanks in advance for advice! 

Edited 1606808874
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Ian, you can edit the sheet.json yourself (fork the roll20 repo, edit the sheet.json and submit a pull request).&nbsp; Maybe just include a "label" next to the authors names?&nbsp; ie "(author)" and "(co-author)". { "html": "PTA3.html", "css": "PTA3.css", "authors": "Adam Talbot(co-author), Ian Merryweather(author)", "roll20userid": "199597,1319761", "preview": "PTA3.png", "instructions": "# Welcome to the wonderful world of Pokemon (Tabletop Adventures!)\nHi Guys! We made this character sheet to make playing the game way easier, and we _really hope_ that we've succeeded. \nThat being said - if you find any issues, or have any suggestions for improvements, please feel free to reach out to us at the _[PTA Discord server](<a href="https://discord.gg/F24Ka8E" rel="nofollow">https://discord.gg/F24Ka8E</a>) (we hang out in the `pta-tool-dev` channel)!_\n\n### Some things that may not be super obvious to beginners:\nHead on over to *[this handy FAQ](<a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/10seBEJonoWJJyNRpZm9-ijjnj_aezLqflsB63m41mmw/edit)*" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/10seBEJonoWJJyNRpZm9-ijjnj_aezLqflsB63m41mmw/edit)*</a> regarding the PTA 3 system, which has way more information than has been crammed into this section. That said; here are some of the sheet-relevant points:\n- Moves and Skills are rolled to the chat log by pressing on the d20 icon; these are rollable buttons, even if they might not look like it!\n- Natural 1s and 20s are, in most cases, not actually that special in PTA 3, and we've handled every case for critical hits that can come up.\n - 1s are not, by default, an auto-miss, so we disabled the appearance of them as such _(you'll see `cf0` in most dice rolls - this is what disables the red highlighting of natural 1s!)_\n\n### Here are some tips that we think will make your use of the sheet much more productive:\n- Create a new character sheet for each Trainer and Pokemon\n - Use the buttons on the top left to choose which sheet to use\n - The _`Hybrid`_ option is mainly for player characters using the Pokemon class from the PHB2\n- Trainers can enjoy the same colorful backgrounds as Pokemon by selecting a type as either a Pokemon or Hybrid character, and then changing back to a Trainer character\n- Effect Thresholds in the Move sections are for additional effects like Poison Sting's _\"On hit, if you got 15 or higher on Accuracy Check, the target is Poisoned\"_\n - They also handle moves such as Slash and Karate Chop's customised critical hit ranges.\n- You don't have a limited number of moves that you can add to a character sheet! If you want to, you can add the same move multiple times for different effects, such as for a Pokemon with the _\"Sheer Force\"_ passive\n - This allows you to have one move that has all the additional effects coded into it, and one that doesn't where you add 1d20 to the damage pop-up, saving you space in the chat log!\n - We've got it on our to-do list to allow adding things like `1d20` or `@{Red|ATKMOD}` to the _\"Extra Damage\"_ field in moves - for now you'll need to use the pop-up to add these things _(or figure out the number and add it manually)_" }
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Vince, I’ve been doing that so far for functional changes (and also for when I added my user ID) , but I suppose it doesn’t hurt to add labels next to the names.&nbsp; I’d thought it was an automated system, but I suppose it’s not out of the bounds of possibility for there to be some manual vetting going on.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Editing author names should be fare game given that it's parsed as simple text.&nbsp; You can play with editing the sheet.json now using the custom sheet sandbox.