Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Colour Blind Options for Templates

My husband has one of the rarer forms of colour blindness, blue/purple issues.  The default template comes up as a purple box on a blue background, and if I use the chat buttons they are pink which is included in the spectrum he has issues with. I know there are ways around it using either custom templates or browser plug ins but both seem to require a knowledge of CSS to use.  As someone who has only just finished an HTML course and barely started a CSS one those options aren't really available to me (my husband now knows less about coding than I do) and I feel that being able to play or run a game comfortably shouldn't require a knowledge of coding. I would like to see a couple of additional default template options, that provide different colour borders and chat buttons, so that anyone  who is colour blind can choose one that gives them the least problems.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I agree and support this suggestion as I dealt with green/brown and red/orange issues all my life.

Edited 1607365196
I agree that Roll20 needs more and easier accessibility accommodation. You might already be using something like this, but in the meantime you could use the Stylus browser plug-in to alter the appearance of the templates on your husband's PC. Edit: You might want to review this thread and see if any of their Stylus CSS can help you: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7841113/show-off-your-style-2-the-stylening/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7841113/show-off-your-style-2-the-stylening/</a> If you don't find what you need, post back to the forums for help. There are lots of CSS mavens who are very helpful.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
While this is a great suggestion, it is something that is dependent on each sheet and what efforts the author(s) of those sheets put into it.
Scott's point is well-taken, but the OP mentions the default template , which is independent of sheets and controlled by Roll20.

Edited 1607365700
Gold
Forum Champion
I agree that vision accessibility options should become a major priority for Roll20, and clearly has NOT been taken into consideration throughout this website (tabletop and forum, homepage). This should be required for a company of this size, under the Americans with Disabilities Act and similar laws (not saying it is covered in that law, but it should be). I have different visual access issues, and I use a lot of challenging external methods/techniques/tools on my own to be able to navigate Roll20. Magnifiers, third-party CSS hacks, colored-lens tinted glasses, and so on. LINK to 6-years-long Suggestions thread asking for Dark Mode (similar request as Color issues, that should be addressed by Roll20 with equal compassion, for the same reasoning, and must be addressed with consulting of disabled users, disability experts, and accessibility best-practices, it is nearly impossible for Roll20's abled programmer engineers to be also experts in vision accessibility, you have to hire &amp; listen &amp; read from true experts in the disability field to understand &amp; playtest &amp; fix this, you have to involve the people whom the feature is being designed to assist), <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6835578/dark-mode-roll20-so-bright" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6835578/dark-mode-roll20-so-bright</a> &nbsp;
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .