Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Enumerate Exploding Dice?

Is there a way to list out each of the rolls that composed an exploding roll? If my 1d4!! gives a result of 11, it must have logically rolled 4, 4, 3. I'd like to show that the dice rolled 4 + 4 + 3 = 11.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Just use a single !.  1d4! will show you all the dice rolls and total them up for you.
Fair point, but I meant within a macro, temple, or other advanced feature. I should have specified. For example, if I roll this: &{template:default} [[ [[2d10!!]] ]] [[ {{ $[[0]] }} And it gives me this: I can deduce that the 14 was made up of a 10 and a 4, but if I have highly complex macros, it would be nice to be able to show each of the individual numbers.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Probably you won't find a satisfactory way of doing that without the API.  Even then, you'd have to have a plan for how you would extract and present the information.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Dave Mattingly said: Fair point, but I meant within a macro, temple, or other advanced feature. I should have specified. For example, if I roll this: &{template:default} [[ [[2d10!!]] ]] [[ {{ $[[0]] }} And it gives me this: I can deduce that the 14 was made up of a 10 and a 4, but if I have highly complex macros, it would be nice to be able to show each of the individual numbers. You're still using two exclamation marks. Use only one: &{template:default} [[ [[2d10!]] ]] [[ {{ $[[0]] }} If you want them displayed without having to hover over them, then The Aaron is right, you'll need the API to do that.
The Aaron is always right. You can't fool me... Thanks, all!