Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Map Teleporters, intermittent problem

Edited 1607806043
So I use the teleporter api found here and it's magical! I've got 5 Trollskull Manor maps, 1 per floor, with ↓ & ↑ tokens that teleport tokens/players up and down the floors. It works WONDERFULLY and my players really enjoy that kind of thing. The only caveat is that the teleporter going to and from Floor 1 ←→ Basement only works sometimes . The first token to move down to the Basement works fine, the second works sometimes , but I've never been able to get a third (out of the 5) to go down there. I've cycled through and all the tokens work  with the teleport, as long as they're one of the first one or two. GM token 1 - TrollskullBasement02A GM token 2 - TrollskullBasement02B Troubleshooting: Originally named TrollskullStairsA02A  and then B. Renamed while troubleshooting. I've tried copy/paste one of the working pairs to no avail. Same symptoms work for players online or offline Cycled each of the 5 tokens through it flawlessly, one at a time, as long as there wasn't a second or third token in the basement as well Stacked all five tokens in 1 square, they all move from floor 1←→2←→3←→4 instantly, normally, perfectly.... but moving all 5 onto the basement teleporter only sends one of them down.... *blink* I could use any ideas you guys may have.... I'm about at wits end! Thanks! -Agnati
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
If you can't figure out a fix for your issue, I'd suggest you look into more recent Teleporter APIs, there is one very new one with lots of discussions about it: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9436375/script-teleport-from-scratch-teleport-token" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9436375/script-teleport-from-scratch-teleport-token</a>