Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[paid content, minor bug] Rime of the Frost Maiden: Frost Druid DC for spell save too high

Hi everyone, I did not find any post regarding the topic at hand. Playing "Rime of the Frost Maiden" I realized that the DC for saving throws against a frost druid is 28. According to the MM it should be 14. It can easily corrected and should be done so to let your players a chance to survive ;-) I do not know where to post this issue to get the general and paid content corrected for others, therefore, I posted it here. Best regards Ulf.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you applied the patch on the game's Home Page? The Spell Save DCs were corrected in 1.3, I believe.
Thanks keithcurtis! First of all, I guess I am too much of a beginner on roll20 ;-) I thought I bought the latest version just like with any app I download. And I believed elements of the game are kept up to date. I was not aware of an update or patch and a game homepage here on roll20. Regardless of finding the home page and being able to install the patch, what is your recommendation? We already started the game and I added music and some extra handouts and locations. Moreover, I regrouped some of the elements and the players are right in the middle of a dungeon. Can I still install a patch under these circumstances? Best regards Ulf.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The patch should not affect the PCs at all. If in doubt, test by copying the game and try running the update on the copy. The game home page is just the page you go to that has the title. There should be a purple(?) box under the title that tells you if updates are available. Here are the details of what goes on with a game patch . They are usually pretty safe.
Understood, Thanks again for your helpful tips and the link you shared. I can see a/the update button now, probably never really caught my attention before. I will try all the steps and learn...