Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"multiple" tag in

Joshua S.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Does the "multiple" attribute not work in roll20 with <select>? It renders properly, but nothing is stored in the variable.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Not sure what you're talking about. Show us your code of the thing that isn't working.

Edited 1608251756
It's the HTML attribute that allows a user to hold the Ctrl button (Command button on a Mac) to select more than one option from the select list. I do not believe that Roll20 supports this in character sheets. <a href="https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_select_multiple.asp" rel="nofollow">https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_select_multiple.asp</a>
Joshua S.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Rabulias has it, that's what I'm trying to do. It displays properly, but the inputs don't store in variables
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Never heard anyone use it on Roll20, fairly sure it's not supported, especially if you don't manage to make it work. Best to have a bunch of checkboxes instead.

Edited 1608257917
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I wonder how that would actually work if "multiple" options were implemented, given that a select is a single attribute?&nbsp; What were you trying to do with this Joshua?&nbsp; Just code-curious ™.&nbsp; ;-P Thanks
Joshua S.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm coding the character sheet for Fate of the Norns. In this game you can assign runes to abilities and when you draw that rune you can play that ability. In the new edition of the game you can assign multiple runes to the same ability to increase your chances of drawing it. Previously, I had a select element that let you choose the rune for an ability. I was hoping I could just add the "multiple" attribute and allow for multi-select. This seems to work in base html (I don't write much html outside of roll20 so I'm not sure, but w3schools leads me to believe so).&nbsp; I've actually changed my approach here to use CSS magic "dropdown" menus with checkboxes, but now I am encountering a different issue. I've got everything to work with a single menu, but when I put it in a repeating section the menu flickers and goes crazy (code follows). I think this is because the css can't distinguish between the two repeating sections. I think I am going to start a new thread on this. &lt;fieldset class="repeating_runes"&gt; &lt;div class="container"&gt; &lt;div class="child"&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_void" class="rune void" value="void" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16F1;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_fehu" class="rune fehu" value="fehu" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16A0;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_uruz" class="rune uruz" value="uruz" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16A2;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_thurisaz" class="rune thurisaz" value="thurisaz" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16A6;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_cansuz" class="rune cansuz" value="cansuz" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16A8;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_raidho" class="rune raidho" value="raidho" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16B1;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_kenaz" class="rune kenaz" value="kenaz" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16B2;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_gebgift" class="rune gebgift" value="gebgift" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16B7;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_wunjo" class="rune wunjo" value="wunjo" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16B9;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_hagalaz" class="rune hagalaz" value="hagalaz" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16BA;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_naudhneed" class="rune naudhneed" value="naudhneed" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16BE;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_isaice" class="rune isaice" value="isaice" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16C1;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_jethe" class="rune jethe" value="jethe" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16C3;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_eihwas" class="rune eihwas" value="eihwas" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16C7;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_pertho" class="rune pertho" value="pertho" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16C8;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_elhaz" class="rune elhaz" value="elhaz" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16C9;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_sowsun" class="rune sowsun" value="sowsun" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16CA;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_tiwaz" class="rune tiwaz" value="tiwaz" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16CF;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_berkano" class="rune berkano" value="berkano" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16D2;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_ehwo" class="rune ehwo" value="ehwo" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16D6;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_mann" class="rune mann" value="mann" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16D7;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_claguz" class="rune claguz" value="claguz" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16D9;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_dagaz" class="rune dagaz" value="dagaz" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16DE;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_ing" class="rune ing" value="ing" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16DD;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_othala" class="rune othala" value="othala" /&gt; &lt;span&gt;&amp;#x16DF;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/fieldset&gt; .sheet-container { width: 100px; } .sheet-container, .sheet-child { display: inline-block; } .sheet-child { vertical-align: middle; width: 100px; height: 100px; } .sheet-child input, .sheet-child input + span { display: none; } .sheet-child:hover { background: LightGray; position:absolute; width: 100px; height: auto; z-index: 0; padding: 0px; } /*.sheet-child:hover &gt; div.sheet-void { display: none; }*/ .sheet-child:hover input, .sheet-child:hover input + span { display: inline; } .sheet-child:hover input + span { margin-right: 5% } .sheet-child:hover span { display: inline; } .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-void:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-fehu:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-tiwaz:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-berkano:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-ehwo:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-mann:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-claguz:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-ing:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-dagaz:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-othala:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-hagalaz:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-naudhneed:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-isaice:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-jethe:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-eihwas:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-pertho:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-elhaz:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-sowsun:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-thurisaz:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-cansuz:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-raidho:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-kenaz:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-gebgift:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-wunjo:checked + span, .sheet-child:not(:hover) input.sheet-rune.sheet-uruz:checked + span { display: inline-block; }
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Joshua S. said: I was hoping I could just add the "multiple" attribute and allow for multi-select. This seems to work in base html (I don't write much html outside of roll20 so I'm not sure, but w3schools leads me to believe so). Roll20 isn't base HTML, and is missing many things things some would consider normal, and some things have to be made in a roundabout way, which is also why many "common" things like creating tabs/pages feels like a hack. The CSS Wizardry lists many of the common tricks that can be used, and the base Building Char Sheets page links to all the Roll20-specific documentation &amp; pages. I've recently updated &amp; interlinked the Roll20 sheet documentation , so I encourage you to take a new look at the pages while you work on your sheets. I'll add a note there about "multiple" select probably doesn't work in the related section, so it's better known later. but now I am encountering a different issue. I've got everything to work with a single menu, but when I put it in a repeating section the menu flickers and goes crazy (code follows). I think this is because the css can't distinguish between the two repeating sections. I think I am going to start a new thread on this. Repeating sections are tricky in general, so not surprised you have troubles. Yeah, it's best you make a new thread on it, along with check the two pages I linked, the CSS Wizardry page shows how to style them.
Joshua S.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Repeating sections are tricky in general, so not surprised you have troubles. Yeah, it's best you make a new thread on it, along with check the two pages I linked, the CSS Wizardry page shows how to style them. Yeah, I'm using the CSS "dropdowns" from the CSS wizardry page now. The wiki building character sheets page you linked to looks much more helpful than the one in the roll20 help center
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Joshua S. said: Yeah, I'm using the CSS "dropdowns" from the CSS wizardry page now. The wiki building character sheets page you linked to looks much more helpful than the one in the roll20 help center The help center is great for general roll20 features, especially for the latest stuff, but the Community Wiki is on an much higher level when it comes to character sheet creation related documentation. The help center version is basicly a half a year old copy of the community wiki stuff, missing tons of updates I've done in last 6-9 months.