Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add Column to Turn Tracker

Anyone know a simple way to add a column to the turn tracker that would let me note conditions?
that would most likely require changing the underlying dom, which i'm pretty certain isn't possible with API (or it shouldn't be).
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Correct.  The API can't add additional columns.  Usually I handle that with another row in the tracker.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You could add a condition code to the token name, but that would add it to the token as well.
I use one of The Aaron's scripts to add spell effects and other conditions into the turn tracker, and a TokenMod macro to toggle condition markers on the token: /w GM &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Status Marker List}} {{description=[Bane](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Bane) | [Blessed](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Blessed) | [Charmed](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Charmed) | [Concentrating](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Concentrating) | [Dying](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Dying) | [Exhaustion](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Exhaustion) | [Flying](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Flying) | [Frightened](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Frightened) | [Grappled](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Grappled) | [Held Action](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Held-Action) | [Hidden](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Hidden) | [Incapacitated](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Incapacitated) | [Inspiration](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Inspiration) | [Invisible](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Invisible) | [Poisoned](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Poisoned) |[ Prone](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Prone) | [Restrained](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Restrained) | [Sacred Weapon](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Sacred-Weapon) | [Stable](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Stable) | [Unconscious](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Unconscious)}}
My motivation for using the Turn Tracker for conditions stems from a problem I'm having with using the condition markers on the tokens.  I went to smaller tokens because I was running into problems when my maps got much bigger than 70x70.  Now the condition markers are covering too much of the token.  Is there a way to scale the markers with token size???
You can upload your own condition markers. So you could upload images that was more blank space. I have not tried this but it might solve you problem
You could also try The Aaron's TokenCondition script , which could be used with custom .png images that are larger than the character token, so the conditions would be displayed 'outside' of the token.

Edited 1608360098
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What are the conditions on?  The entire map?  The token?  What actual conditions are you trying to track?
The conditions are on the token.  We are trying to track fairly standard 5e conditions like blinded and poisoned.  The default token markers would work fine if they just weren't so big.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Combat Master.&nbsp; Check it out.&nbsp; One click is finally working again.&nbsp; Help is all in game (help icons on each panel).&nbsp; You can shut off functionality you don't want if you're looking for simple condition tracking.&nbsp; set duration (usually 10 rounds) and direction (-1 each round until condition is auto-removed).&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a>
I suspect you are right with Combat Tracker--it looks like a magnificent tool.&nbsp; In all honesty, I've tried working with it in the past but I get lost because I'm just not competent enough with the scripting yet.&nbsp; I'm an old Fortran era guy and get lost in the syntax dependencies of these new fangled languages.&nbsp; I'm actually enjoying the heck out of piecing it together, though.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1608409111
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You don't need to call external APIs such as TokenMod or CharSetAttr.&nbsp; That's optional.&nbsp; If you type !cmaster --main it brings up a menu in chat.&nbsp; You can do everything from menus.&nbsp; You don't need to issue API commands if you don't want to You want Combat Master.&nbsp; Combat Tracker is the older version.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Combat Master is awesome!!!!!&nbsp; Solved my problem and then some.&nbsp; You guys that build these scripts should be sainted!&nbsp; I also really appreciate your patience with us hacks.&nbsp; The fact that 4 of the heaviest hitting scripters weighed in on this thread is further verification that you guys are what really differentiates the Roll20 experience.