Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need help ASAP!

Yo! Trying to write a macro that lets my buddy roll attacks from MY sheet. Using the 5E OGL sheet. Problem I'm running into is getting the macro to always fetch my attack instead of having to select a token.
Example /w @{character_name} @{wtype} &{template:default}{{name=@{character_name} Player Attacks}}{{[Battleaxe (One-Handed)](~selected|repeating_attack_$0_attack)}}{{[Battleaxe (Two-Handed)](~selected|repeating_attack_$1_attack)}}{{[Combat Stomp](~selected|repeating_attack_$5_attack)}}{{[Engraved Dagger](~selected|repeating_attack_$3_attack)}}{{[Handaxe](~selected|repeating_attack_$4_attack)}}{{[Javelin](~selected|repeating_attack_$2_attack)}}{{[Light Crossbow](~selected|repeating_attack_$7_attack)}}{{[Warhammer +1](~selected|repeating_attack_$6_attack)}} I dont want the ~selected part of that macro, I want it to always refer to my character, Baern Stonehand.

Edited 1608476656
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Type the character name where the selected is. So: (Baern Stonehand|repeating_attack_$0_attack) etc. I believe will work.
I Thought so too, but it doesn't!
I think i might have been able to fix it by creating a macro that calls an ability on the character sheet which in turn whispers all the attacks from my charsheet as attack buttons using the default template, like so /w Princess Olivette Du Champ @{wtype} &{template:default}{{name=@{character_name} Player Attacks}}{{[Battleaxe (One-Handed)](~selected|repeating_attack_$0_attack)}}{{[Battleaxe (Two-Handed)](~selected|repeating_attack_$1_attack)}}{{[Combat Stomp](~selected|repeating_attack_$5_attack)}}{{[Engraved Dagger](~selected|repeating_attack_$3_attack)}}{{[Handaxe](~selected|repeating_attack_$4_attack)}}{{[Javelin](~selected|repeating_attack_$2_attack)}}{{[Light Crossbow](~selected|repeating_attack_$7_attack)}}{{[Warhammer +1](~selected|repeating_attack_$6_attack)}} With the macro being %{Baern Stonehand|Player-Attacks}
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Does the other player have edit permissions on your sheet?  If not, then I don't think they can roll things from your sheet and attribute calls will only work as a target: @{target|attribute_name}.

Edited 1608480337
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Interesting, I wonder if it's a case where you need to be given "control" of the character sheet for the other example. Edit: ninja'd!
Yep, turns out you're both right! Which sucks! Still looking for a solution :/

Edited 1608481041
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
What is the desired results? The chat showing an attack made from you and from your character? I don't think that will be possible with macros if they can't have access to your sheet  Edit: if it's just that they make an identical attack using your stats that might be possible some other way
Yeah any way they can roll an attack using my stats (Including weapon stats)
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Can you ask your GM to make a copy of your character sheet and give access to edit to the other player? Then they can use that one without it impacting yours
But I wanna be able to edit my attacks without him having to change his macro any.

Edited 1608484952
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Then the solution is to give him edit permissions on your sheet.  This limitation on rolling from other sheets is intentional so that people can't use abilities on sheets that aren't assigned to them. Edit:  Actually, you might want to ask in the API forum.  I think there might have been a script at one point that could keep a duplicate sheet updated as changes were made to the original.  If the game creator has a pro subscription, then they might be able to use the duplicate sheet for your friend to see as Jordan C. mentioned and install an API script to keep in updated as you make changes on your original sheet.  If the game creator doesn't have the pro subscription, then you are back to sharing control of the sheet.
Oh, gonna have a look for such an API then!