Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Quick Swap token image while retaining associations & Stats?

Edited 1608674900
Edit: It seems I haven't worded this question very well. I drag a monster or NPC onto the map from the compendium. By default, it comes with a token that is all set up with the necessary associations, hit points, ac, darkvision if applicable, etc. etc. But I don't want the default image. I want to slap a different image into the same token without having to rebuild all those associations every time. I hope this clarifies the question. Is there an easy way to swap a token IMAGE only, while keeping the token's associations, stats, etc.? I don't want to have to reset all that stuff every time I save it as a default token for that NPC/Monster, and I don't like the wrong perspective on the default tokens that come with the compendium monsters. Also, can I save this default token into my version of the compendium so I don't have to do it every adventure, or will it only save within that adventure?
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
When you drag a monster from the compendium, it creates an instance in your set of journals - you can pull from that instance from then on, you don't have to go back to the compendium. Any changes you make to that instance stay, so you can change the default token (make sure you set the token to point to that monster entry, too, before you save the association), so the next time you drag it from your list of journals it keeps that.