Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Another Animated Token Issue - Transparent animations fail to properly work on Chrome

Edited 1608722525
Just as many others have reported - after some time passes while playing, switching tabs, or minimizing/maximizing Chrome's browser - transparent animations go black/opaque for any player using Chrome.  As this is nothing new you might conclude this to be a time-waster of a topic.  This is not the case.  The real function of an additional report is three-fold.   Keep the pressure on.  The squeaky wheel gets the attention.  It's a shame that this has persisted to be a problem for so long - all while still selling assets in the marketplace that have this bug, without even offering a disclaimer. ETA.  As consumers we want to know what we're paying for.  When will this be fixed?  Is it even on the list?  Where at on the list?  It's difficult for me to locate updated info regarding animated transparency bugs, and that's a problem.  A concerned consumer shouldn't have to dig deep to find information like this; it's in roll20's best interest to be transparent in its information and communicate as often and as best it can.  Remind roll20 that there's heavy competition and that failure to address this well known bug on a popular browser is unacceptable.  Now more than ever there are a great many options to turn to for VTTs, with more on the horizon - VTTs that saw roll20 and said "Oh, I can do that better.", using it as a prototype for their own builds, some with great success. Despite the new features Roll20 offers it really is an antiquated system.  Without rebuilding its core it is limited in its adaptability with future updates and features.  My current favorite VTT is Foundry, which allows for animated maps, gifs, dynamic lighting, music, and pretty much everything roll20 has + more.  Tale Spire is also extremely promising and graphically pleasing - I will most likely make that my go-to platform once others can purchase it on steam.  But Roll20 is what I know, and what I've invested in.  I'd rather you just fix the feature than transfer my games to Foundry.
Rogue I feel ya.  It has now been almost a year of dealing with this issue in Roll20, (I guess I haven't been dealing with it since I moved to Foundry in May) but I still have a pro Account for a couple more months and I am just appalled at the state if this product.  I spent most of last year running on a product that was broken, AFOW and Global Illumination issue.  I hope you do find resolution with Roll20 but I did not wait around to do so.   RV T. said: Just as many others have reported - after some time passes while playing, switching tabs, or minimizing/maximizing Chrome's browser - transparent animations go black/opaque for any player using Chrome.  As this is nothing new you might conclude this to be a time-waster of a topic.  This is not the case.  The real function of an additional report is three-fold.   Keep the pressure on.  The squeaky wheel gets the attention.  It's a shame that this has persisted to be a problem for so long - all while still selling assets in the marketplace that have this bug, without even offering a disclaimer. ETA.  As consumers we want to know what we're paying for.  When will this be fixed?  Is it even on the list?  Where at on the list?  It's difficult for me to locate updated info regarding animated transparency bugs, and that's a problem.  A concerned consumer shouldn't have to dig deep to find information like this; it's in roll20's best interest to be transparent in its information and communicate as often and as best it can.  Remind roll20 that there's heavy competition and that failure to address this well known bug on a popular browser is unacceptable.  Now more than ever there are a great many options to turn to for VTTs, with more on the horizon - VTTs that saw roll20 and said "Oh, I can do that better.", using it as a prototype for their own builds, some with great success. Despite the new features Roll20 offers it really is an antiquated system.  Without rebuilding its core it is limited in its adaptability with future updates and features.  My current favorite VTT is Foundry, which allows for animated maps, gifs, dynamic lighting, music, and pretty much everything roll20 has + more.  Tale Spire is also extremely promising and graphically pleasing - I will most likely make that my go-to platform once others can purchase it on steam.  But Roll20 is what I know, and what I've invested in.  I'd rather you just fix the feature than transfer my games to Foundry.