Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

One player suddenly couldn't use ping

When we were playing tonight, one of my players suddenly lost the ability to ping.  It had been working previously without any issues.  Also, when they tried to use the drawing tool instead, no one else could see their drawings.  Ping and drawings worked just fine for everyone else and the player with the issues could see everyone else's pings without any problems. I don't have all their specs (I can ask about it if needed), but we were running through google hangouts and they usually use firefox in windows 7.  They were able to see the maps just fine and had no other issues.  It slowed the game down a bit, but we were able to work around it in the short term.  
Gauss
Forum Champion
Did your player try to refresh? If not could he do so the next time this comes up? - Gauss
Hmm... I don't think we actually refreshed properly, now that you say it.  I will definitely have them do it next time.  I know I've had the same issue in the past (quite a while ago, though), and I didn't think to do a full, proper refresh either.  Thanks for the advice!  We will try that next time.
Gauss
Forum Champion
NP Sarah. :) - Gauss
Did the player have the measure tool selected instead of the arrow tool? That's a common error when trying to ping if you don't have the right tool selected. As for drawings... I'm not sure on that other than issues of it automatically starting on the bottom layer of images and not the top layer, thus making the drawings appear behind a map. Maybe check out if either of those is the case.
Terratani said: Did the player have the measure tool selected instead of the arrow tool? That's a common error when trying to ping if you don't have the right tool selected. As for drawings... I'm not sure on that other than issues of it automatically starting on the bottom layer of images and not the top layer, thus making the drawings appear behind a map. Maybe check out if either of those is the case. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case since we didn't use the measure tool at all.  But I suppose it's possible they accidentally selected a different tool at some point even though they were only using the select tool to ping (no tokens even on the map, just using it for display purposes this time).  Next time I'll ask before I have them refresh.