Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Saving throw macro and global_save_mod

I have been trying to use the universal save macro found here ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5591512/5e-ogl-universal-saving-throw-macro-updated-for-v2-dot-0" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5591512/5e-ogl-universal-saving-throw-macro-updated-for-v2-dot-0</a> ).&nbsp; It uses the global_save_mod, but I have found some very odd things.&nbsp; Some monster sheets don't have this attribute, some do.&nbsp; For those that do, some have this [[1d4[BLESS]]] already in that field (I did not add or change that).&nbsp; Is there a way to globally clear or set this field?&nbsp; Maybe only for tokens on the map already?
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah, I'm not sure where that default Bless global comes from on some NPCs. There's no way to make changes to sheets automatically without API (Pro feature). There are a couple of ways to disable it for NPCs (if that's what you want to do). The simple way: Change this bit right near the end of the macro: {{global=@{selected|global_save_mod}}} to this: {@{selected|repeating_proficiencies_$0_name|max}{global=@{selected|global_save_mod}}@{selected|repeating_proficiencies_$0_name|max}} &amp;{noerror} That will break the global template property for any character sheet that does not have any entries in the Proficiencies repeating section. This will require your players to have at least one entry in there, which they all should.... everyone can speak Common, right? This will still roll the 3d die, which may only be a problem for you. Another method requires creating an Ability on each player character's sheet, we'll call it saveFix. It is completely empty (no whitespace!) apart from the name. It's very important that this is an Ability , not an Attribute , or it will not work. You'd then change the global property to this, instead: {%{selected|savefix}{global=@{selected|%{selected|savefix}global_save_mod}}%{selected|savefix}} &amp;{noerror} That will disable both the template property and the die roll, so you won't get the 3d d4 appearing.