Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Import Bug COFantasy script

Hello guys, I've tried to import the COFantasy script in one of my games using the standard procedure, and it fails. I copy/pasted the content of the script developed and updated by the author on Github ( <a href="https://github.com/Ulty/COFantasy" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Ulty/COFantasy</a> ), and there it works fine. Could you have a look why the standard import procedure fails please ?
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Same here

Edited 1586770126
Same for me. The script is updated several times a week and I have to redo the copy/paste very often it's very boring...&nbsp;
+1 Same for me. The script is updated several time a week and I have to redo the copy/paste very often it's very boring...
Je valide le fait que c'est très embêtant de devoir faire des copier coller. Dommage que l'import ne fonctionne pas.
Hi guys, like my mates, is-it possible to fix the issue? Do we need to buid differently the script (closure or anything) ?&nbsp;
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm the author of the script, but this is something I cannot correct on my side : old versions of the script that used to work fine cannot be imported anymore, and I cannot make any test to find which parts of the code may be causing the issue, since evrything works fine when copy-pasting. Something changed on Roll20 side, and I need to know what that is. Please, could someone help?
After 3 weeks just an acknowledegement we have been read would be fair I think. Thanks.&nbsp;
Could anyone provide guidance ? There are many games using this official script on roll20, yet we are all forced to import the script manually all the time because the "Add" functionality of roll20 is broken. Could anyone help ?
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please, this can only be fixed on Roll20 side.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Up, to keep the thread alive until Roll20 is stable enough that support can take a look at the issue.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Has anyone had time to look at the issue?
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Up
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I need help on this.
I admire the patience Laurent :D
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Since this isn't likely to be something addressed by Roll20 (since it isn't a bug for them), you might consider taking this to the api forum.&nbsp; There are several people active in that forum that might be able to point you in the right direction for debugging this.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thank you for your advice, Kraynic, but I did try to get help from the API forum (see&nbsp; this topic ). I also opened a Roll20 API git issue , and got some answers from nice people from the community, but nobody could help. It is a Roll20 bug, as some code that used to work without any issue cannot be installed anymore.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I still need help on this.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Still no change. I just get &nbsp; SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token when trying to add the script from the library
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I need help on this.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I tripled checked for any possible syntax error, but found nothing with different syntax validators. Any news on Roll20 side?
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I need this bug to be fixed.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Still the same. The issue was first reported to me in June 2019. Then I tried for a number of months to get assistance from forum members. git users, Roll20 contacts, with no success. So I opened this bug, as the issue lies somewhere in the Roll20 library code. Overall, it has been impossible to add that script to a game through the library for more than a year, now.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Could someone have a look at this bug?
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I need help to solve this bug, please.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I suggest you send a request about this: <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new</a> Roll20 seems to have shifted to mainly focusing on addressing issues submitted through the request form, and don't really pay attention to the bug forums, apart from the UDL megathread. In the request, link the relevant threads and github issues, and ask if there is a Dev Ticket on this already.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks, Andreas, I'll do that. I was not aware that the bug forum was not read by Roll20.

Edited 1600273768
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Laurent, I'd also recommend checking what the text encoding settings are for the js file. Having the incorrect encoding (I think UTF-8 is the problem, but could easily be wrong on that) is the primary cause of this issue. EDIT: Ah, just saw the github issue. Sorry, sounds like there's something else going on. EDIT 2: and, actually, it probably is that issue. The version access from one-click is buggy and tends to only load the most recent file regardless of which version you select

Edited 1600274039
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Aaron, who submitted a fix for it originally, said this when I asked today: I only fixed the current state, future check ins can reintroduce the issue. So the BOM marker likely was re-introduced to the script after he originally removed it in January. Scott, would you say that if all versions of the script is edited to remove the BOM marker, it might work again?
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Scott, I had looked at the encoding when Aaron submitted his fix. On my script, he only found the BOM marker in some old version of the documentation. I wouldn't expect that file to be read when adding the script, would it? Anyway, I tried again and found no BOM marker in my file. But maybe I botched it? What method would you suggest to double check?
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, one other point: in the github issue, Cassie Levett said that he tried removing some functions in the script, and at some point the syntax error disappeared. That should rule out the BOM character, no?
Hi ! The update isn't working. I had to import the new one (for dynamic light update) by myself. Is there any kind of solution ? Thanks in advance :)
Hello, Same problem as my classmates, importing the script does not work. Roll20, would it be possible to see what is wrong? Thanks
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Still no resolution.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
More than a year since the bug appeared. No activity from bug ticket, no answer for more than a month...
Hey, I'm an API user and I would like this issue be fixed please ! API is wonderful but without automatic update is so boring :/ Thanks to do something to solve it. Zeky
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So, support doesn't answer anymore. Now news since 20th November. Second to last message started with "Thank you for your patience. We pride ourselves on providing fast responses and solutions to our customers."...
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Still no news from support...
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I suppose this cannot get any attention until the character sheet and UDL bugs are fixed.
Hi everyone, I came across this topic while reading Laurent's manual. I'm not sure I understood if your problem was when installing the script. But for my part, I just installed the COFantasy script with the add button and I didn't get an error message.&nbsp;I don't know if this is the case for everyone or if this is the problem mentioned in the introduction to Laurent's manual. Anyway, for me, it was possible to install the script with the add button. PS: a big thank you Laurent for the script, I will play the Anathazerïn campaign with it and it will be very cool !
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Atlas. It is good to know that at least it did work for someone. I just tried again, empty game, 'Add' the script from the library, and I get the error. How did you manage to get it to work?? Could you describe your process? Maybe there is a work-around, that would be already something!
So I made a 1-minute video where I show how I create the part (<a href="https://we.tl/t-mcggHbPwgS" rel="nofollow">https://we.tl/t-mcggHbPwgS</a>). I preferred to make a video because maybe I thought I had no error but that it is. That way you will be able to see better. On the other hand, I have an error of "Invalid or unexpected token". I don't know if it has to do with the discussion or if I created my tokens wrong (to do so I watched a video by Jeff Huges/J2R &amp; Friends which dates from 2017) PS: in the video to learn how to use the script on YouTube it refers to a Token Number script to add but in the documentation, you do not mention this script. Should it be added or else with the updates it is no longer necessary?
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Atlas. In your video, you stop before the actual crash happens. It does happen as soon as you launch your game and the API sandbox is started. At least, it does when I reproduce your steps. And indeed, the message is then "Invalid or unexpected token". And you can check in your game, API calls have no effect, since the sandbox is stopped after that message. Concerning your questions on the script, yes, the video you refer to is rather old and out-of-date. Token Name Number is still supported, but no longer necessary, and shouldn't be used, unless you use it for something COFantasy doesn't do.
Hi Laurent, I am sincerely sorry for my misunderstanding. Thank you for answering my questions.
Hi It appears that this bug is still live (I tried a few days ago and still no luck with the "add" button, only the "import" button works)
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just tried once more today, and the 'Add' button is now working. Maybe something changed at Roll20? Or my last commit fixed the issue, but if that is the case, I have no idea what *was* the issue. I hope I won't trigger it again...