Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Inline roll result text color

I'm trying to understand how inline rolls work. In a GURPS game I entered this into the chat window: /em Rolled [[3D6]] I get a result but it's decorated with a colored box. &nbsp;(GM) Rolled&nbsp; <span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right fullfail" original-title=" Rolling 3D6 = ( 4 + 1 + 2 )" style="box-sizing: content-box; background-color: rgb(254, 246, 142); border: 2px solid rgb(179, 21, 21); padding: 0px 3px; font-weight: 700; cursor: help; font-size: 1.1em; color: rgb(101, 62, 16); font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: italic; text-align: center;">7 If I hover over the 7 it shows&nbsp; &nbsp;(4+1+2)&nbsp; with the "1" in red. I'm assuming '1' is being counted as a failure. Where is the behavior documented? GURPS counts the total for determining failures/successes, not individual die results. I've read about the 'cs' and 'cf' tags but I didn't enter them.

Edited 1609724749
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Inline_Dice_Rolls" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Inline_Dice_Rolls</a> If there is a roll template for the GURPS sheet, you might try incorporating it in your macros if it has formatting for inline rolls.&nbsp; Specifically for overriding roll20's default crit failure, red border... Not familiar with the sheet or template(quick look on github code), but maybe something like &amp;{template:skillRoll}{{rollResult=[[3d6]]}}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just to be clear, the red and green colors are there to indicate that a minimum or maximum value was rolled on one or more dice. It has no mechanical meaning (critical hits or anything) Blue is used when both min and max values have been rolled. These colors are independent of any system.
I assume there is a roll template, but don't have a clue how to find it. The online docs, like many other tutorials, start assuming knowledge a noob doesn't have :( I've gotten as far as creating an "Ability" button for my character to shoot his pistol (Below). The "template:default" bit is still *magic* that works but exactly why is murky. I was hoping to call whatever template is already present to interpret the results for the player Ability: &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|repeating_ranged_$0_name}}} {{attack=@{selected|repeating_ranged_$0_skill}}} {{damage=[[@{selected|repeating_ranged_$0_damage}]]}} Result: Jay Sprenkle (GM): Pistol Attack 11 Damage 6 ∇ince said: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Inline_Dice_Rolls" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Inline_Dice_Rolls</a> If there is a roll template for the GURPS sheet, you might try incorporating it in your macros if it has formatting for inline rolls.&nbsp; Specifically for overriding roll20's default crit failure, red border... Not familiar with the sheet or template(quick look on github code), but maybe something like &amp;{template:skillRoll}{{rollResult=[[3d6]]}}
Thank you, That explains a lot. keithcurtis said: Just to be clear, the red and green colors are there to indicate that a minimum or maximum value was rolled on one or more dice. It has no mechanical meaning (critical hits or anything) Blue is used when both min and max values have been rolled. These colors are independent of any system.
I found the source on github.&nbsp; That's a good start! ∇ince said: Not familiar with the sheet or template(quick look on github code), but maybe something like &amp;{template:skillRoll}{{rollResult=[[3d6]]}}
I found a very useful hack. If I press the roll button in the character sheet to make an attack then hit the 'up' arrow key in the chat box it shows the command it ran for that attack. The simplest way to create actions buttons for each character is to just copy and paste

Edited 1609821640
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's actually a documented feature. It's the quickest way to find out what has been sent to the chat. You can also drag any clickable item on your sheet to the macro bar and it will create a macro button for it. You can re-name the button with a right-click.
&nbsp; Gotta try that.&nbsp; You rock! keithcurtis said: That's actually a documented feature. It's the quickest way to find out what has been sent to the chat. You can also drag any clickable item on your sheet to the macro bar and it will create a macro button for it. You can re-name the button with a right-click.