Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Markers : Licensing of images in the default Library

Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi all, I am working on a custom sheet that I intend to release for public use.  In order to mark the combat statuses, I'd like to use Token Markers, but I'd like to make it easy for the player so that the token markers have the name of the status instead of the default name of the Token Marker given by roll20. For example I want to use the white-tower for the status "Defensive Stance", and when the player clicks on its token, and sets the "white-tower" token, the API and Sheet Worker already recognize directly the change and set the appropriate Attribute. So the only problem now, is that the token is called "white-tower" and not "defensive stance", so it requires a bit of learning from the players to learn the correspondance between Token Markers and statuses. I've seen you can create a custom Token Marker Set, but you can't rename the default tokens in it... I saw it was possible to download the PNG of the default token markers, and re-upload them as if it was a complete new set. In this case I can rename, but I am not really sure if there could be an issue with licensing of the images of the Token Marker set... Is anyone knowledgeable on this and can confirm if I'll get sued by roll20 :) Happy new year
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I think all the token markers that Roll20 uses (and a bunch more) are readily available here:&nbsp; <a href="https://game-icons.net/" rel="nofollow">https://game-icons.net/</a> Download and edit them as desired.&nbsp; The license for use is in the FAQ on that site.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks a lot !!! This will help!!