Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

styling tabs

I'm using the tab snippet from the CSS wizardry page, and it works great, but I was wondering if there is a way to change the text color and background color on the tab buttons when they are clicked.

Edited 1610089070
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you mean an effect just for when the button is clicked on, or a permanent style for the currently active button? I haven't written any sheets myself, but the 5e sheet uses radio inputs instead of button inputs to achieve the second option - radios have a 'checked' property to grab hold of with CSS. A really basic example: <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <style> .tabs-nav:checked + span { color: red; } </style> </head> <body> <input id="sheet-tabselect1" class="tabs-nav" type="radio" name="sheet-tabselect" value="stats"><span> Stats</span><br> <input id="sheet-tabselect2" class="tabs-nav" type="radio" name="sheet-tabselect" value="inventory"><span> Inventory</span><br> <input id="sheet-tabselect3" class="tabs-nav" type="radio" name="sheet-tabselect" value="other"><span> Favourite Music</span> </body> <script> const tabs=['sheet-tabselect1','sheet-tabselect2','sheet-tabselect3']; tabs.forEach (tab => { document.getElementById(tab).addEventListener('click', (ev) => { console.log(ev.target.value); }) }) </script> </html> The Javascript at the end is not Roll20ified, you'd need to adjust it a little - use Roll20's event listener and a setAttrs instead of console logging the value, obviously. The Roll20 on('clicked:sheet-tabselect') will probably pick up all the radio buttons without needing to iterate through the ids... not sure on that though, and can't test it.