Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Represents Character" tooltip frozen when assigning a character in token

Good morning, since it happens literally every time and I lose precious time because of it, I gotta post this. So when I am creating my tokens to assign them to a specific character on the right, the tooltip will freeze for no particular reason. What I am doing is: creating the character folder first, then assigning a picture, then inserting values for the token (hit points, attack, AC), night vision if applicable, going to "Represents Character" and pressing the character of the creature's / NPCs name (this time: "k"). Then in 60% of all cases the tooltip will freeze although I am not even hovering over it. Now it even froze twice. Only solution is to reload the page. The problem is persistent since last year at least, please fix it. I am using Microsoft Edge chromium browser + Windows 10, both updated.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
This happens to me often when mousing over roll results in chat. Aggravating, for sure.

Edited 1610293031
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
ZarKimbo said: I am using Microsoft Edge chromium browser + Windows 10, both updated. Roll20 Officially only supports the Chrome and Firefox browsers , so the first step in running into a problem on any other browser is to try the supported browsers and see if it persists. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_FAQ#Browser" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_FAQ#Browser</a> Using Microsoft Edge is not the same as using Chrome, even if both are chromium-based, Roll20 is unlikely to act on any bug-reports for it. I recall at least twice hearing someone encountering a bug that was limited to Edge, and went away when switching to Chrome.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
FYI I have never used Edge, only Chrome (and occasionally Firefox) with no extensions in an in-private browser, and have had that issue pop up several times.
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Echoing David; routinely happens in my games and requires refreshing. Updated Chrome, even with no extensions and cleared cache.