Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Corrupted PM after I sent a potential player a PM here and he tried to reply help

this is what I got, it did reach him my first Roll20 PM but then for his reply I got this An error was encountered Don't worry; it's not like you triggered the end of the world...right? If you message us about the error, please give us the error ID below so we can look it up: 8ff63c46706a4e7bbe547659a4e54a4e
You can see the error code so that should help :) Tom
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Tom, You'll probably need to put this into a  Help Center Request . It's unlikely to be seen by a dev in the open forum.
Got it, thanks, strange though no one at Roll20 would see this in the Bug and tech Issue forum. Tom
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's a matter of efficiency. The Bug forum outgrew its original purpose. Forum champions, Moderators and some exceptional and dedicated users handle things that are usually known issues, have workarounds, or are due to people being inexperienced with Roll20. With millions of users, there are far too many issues to be tracked on a forum, so last year the dev team transitioned to using the Help Desk, since this automatically makes, assigns and tracks tickets. In general, the people mentioned above can handle a lot of issues, or have avenues to bring them to the attention of the team if reports proliferate of something specific. The forum still has great value, but should perhaps be renamed to "Help and Technical Issues".
Got it, I thought the help desk was an extra besides this forum, good to know, thanks Tom