Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Juke Box Issue - Play On Load Does Not Seem to Work

Edited 1610554548
Hi folks, I have a number of pages in my campaign (still under development) that have a play on load track.  I do have APIs using jukebox sound, but they are based on the move event of tokens ( on("change:token:lastmove", function(obj, prev) , for those who use APIs).  See the screenshot below: However, when I log in as a player, using a player account I set up, with no other instances of the GM turned on, the track does not play.  Even when I reboot my computer.  This happens on both Chrome and Firefox.  I am using an older win 7 computer if that matters.  Here's what things look like in the player window and the Jukebox widget - nothing plays. The track IS there: Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance, -- Tim

Edited 1610646266
Ah well, yet another "feature" I spent time on that doesn't work (sendChat 3d dice, truecopy ruined by "enhancement").  Good grief.

Edited 1610671243
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've honestly never ever tried it. Does it trigger on the player ribbon being moved, perhaps? Or is that what you already did?
Oosh said: I've honestly never ever tried it. Does it trigger on the player ribbon being moved, perhaps? Or is that what you already did? It does indeed.  The problem is it does not fire when a player logs into the game unless the GM is there.  Further, while I have APIs to play a track when a token moves which works perfectly when the GM is logged in, when a player logs in alone, the track played does not disappear and repeats itself each time a token is moved.  The background noise track is playing here in this screen shot of my player account logged in without the GM.  Had the GM been logged on here, only a single of the tracks, plus the background would be playing.  Arrrgh! I got into the jukebox while I was waiting for the developers to fix the issue with page copy.  It was kind of the straw that broke my camel's back for me and roll20. :)   At least I've learned a good bit about javascript, but the 900+ hours I've put into developing this campaign seem a total waste. -- Tim