Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player Permissions as Toggled Room Options

Score + 41

Edited 1610639899
For a period of time, my friend's game room was allowing all players to resize tokens at will. I don't know how or when this happened, but we loved it, especially with a Rune Knight Fighter and a Duergar in the party. We played today and that feature seems to have disappeared, much to our disappointment. I would like to suggest giving the DM the ability to toggle the following player permissions for their rooms: 1) ALLOW/DISALLOW: Players can adjust  the size, text, bars, vision, associated values, etc of any token they control at will.      1a) ALLOW/DISALLOW: Players can save the changes they make to tokens they control. 2) ON/OFF: Players automatically have control of any sheet and token they import.      2a) ON/OFF: If a sheet is imported with no permissions set, the owner is automatically given permissions .      2b) ON/OFF:  If a sheet is imported with permissions set to all players , permissions are reset so that only the owner has permissions. 3) ALLOW/DISALLOW: Players can organize any items they control and have access to within their journal. This does not include folders. Alternatively, a new role could be added that would give players more agency in these ways, perhaps a Co-DM role?
yes to all
Great idea, especially sheets imported being able to retain/automatically be assigned Edit control to the person who imported would be fantastic. Also a toggle option for letting players edit size and token settings like that is a great idea too!
Yes please for all of it!