Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Attacks/Skill Checks, etc. not working in 5e Mass Effect character sheet

No idea if this is the right place to ask this, but I need some troubleshooting help and have not been able to find an answer elsewhere in the forums. I imported a character from one of my games to another, but in the new game, none of the attacks, spell attacks, ability checks, skill checks, or saving throws are working, despite the character sheet being the exact same one in my previous game, which is fully functional. There's a lot of "no attribute found" messages when I click one of my abilities, etc. ( No attribute was found for @{Zaina Tulani|constitution_mod} ) and the occasional syntax error ( SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "Z" found. ). Any idea what could be the issue? I know virtually nothing about coding, so any answers involving programming please ELI5.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can try changing the name - this can clear up confusion where the sheet references are muddled. You should be able to change it back to the original name if it works.
Oosh said: You can try changing the name - this can clear up confusion where the sheet references are muddled. You should be able to change it back to the original name if it works. I don't understand - change the name of what?

Edited 1610873879
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The name of your character - if you click the Edit button and change the character's name it can fix a bunch of problems. The chat log lies... when it says it's looking for @{Zaina Tulani|constitution_mod} it's actually looking for the UUID of the sheet (which looks more like -M_87dhbgew78fsn), and not the name "Zaina Tulani". The register which links the character sheet's name to the UUID is updated when you change the name, so it can fix wayward references which creep in from time to time. So just try changing it to "bob87264" or something else that definitely isn't already in use in the Campaign, and see if it fixes anything.Whether or not it works, you can just change the name back afterwards.
Oh, yeah that definitely worked, thanks! But when I try to change it back afterwards, it still has the same problem. There's no other sheets or documents with the same name. Is there something else I can try or do I just have to settle for an alternate name?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Perhaps try only the first name alone, or try wrapping the name in quotes.  It might be that the space in the name is throwing something off somehow.  Make sure there aren't any extra spaces before/after the name, maybe.
It's not the space. I added an extraneous fantasy apostrophe to the name and it seemed to work just fine with the space included. I'm okay making a minor change to the name for the sake of functionality, but it just really bothers me that I don't know why it won't work with the original name lol Thanks for all your help!