Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Random Treasure Generator D&D 5E

Has anyone written one for Roll20 yet? I've got one I wrote in VIsual Basic, but before byteing off more thatn I can chew and trying to convert it Java I thought I'd check. Thanks in advance.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Rollable tables are the most common way this is done. Since you have Pro, you may want to check out the RecursiveTables and TableExport scripts. 
OK, just so I am understanding this correctly, RecursiveTables allows be to then manually craete a treasure table. Has anyone done this with the standard D&D 5E treasure tables already and willing to share, or am I going to have to manually type it all in?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
To clarify, rollable tables can be manually created from your Collections tabe and used without api scripts. Recursive tables allows table entries to include additional die rolls (e.g. [[1d4 Gems]]) and recursive rolls from other tables. If you otherwise tried to put [[1d4 Gems]] into a standard table, it would just return the text string rather than rolling the 1d4, for example. TableExport allows rollable tables to be programmatically generated .You can build the strings in a spreadsheet , for example, and quickly populate tables that could otherwise take hours. Can also be used to transfer tables from one game to another (even for different user where transmorgifier won't help). I don't use random treasure, so I'd get your Google-Fu in tip top shape to see what's already out there. A quick search revealed this  and this . Might be something useful there.   Good luck!  
OK, thanks for that. Brought up something that I hadn't taken into account. There could be legal issues with sharing information from the full D&D 5E, so anyone offereing a complete set of tables for the random treasure could be in breach of the copywrite. Still, the worked examples will help me make sense of it all.