Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A Macro for Twilight Domain Cleric's Twilight Sanctuary?

Edited 1610634938
Channel Divinity: Twilight Sanctuary TCE p34 2nd-level Twilight Domain feature You can use your Channel Divinity to refresh your allies with soothing twilight. As an action, you present your holy symbol, and a sphere of twilight emanates from you. The sphere is centered on you, has a 30-foot radius, and is filled with dim light. The sphere moves with you, and it lasts for 1 minute or until you are incapacitated or die. Whenever a creature (including you) ends its turn in the sphere, you can grant that creature one of these benefits: You grant it temporary hit points equal to 1d6 plus your cleric level. You end one effect on it causing it to be charmed or frightened. I am completely new to this Macro thing. But basically the desired result would look something like " 1d6 + @{level} ". But it doesn't seem to work; is @{level} not valid? And how can I get this to function? PS: Also, is there any way to target only cleric class specifically, just in case multi class gets involved? So It would calculate it as 2 cleric + 1 druid (which actually is just +2) instead of it being +3?

Edited 1610637482
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
"@{level}" should work if it is a macro created in the character sheet in the "Attributes and Abilities" tab. If it is outside the attribute needs to be preceded by the character name in this format  @{ character_name | attribute } If Cleric is the base level you can use  @{base_level} If it is the multiclass level you can use  @{multiclass1_lvl} If it is the 2nd or 3rd multiclass you can replace 1 with the respective number. For future macroing - these attributes are listed in that page where the character macros go and list a bunch of different things like level or modifiers. More specific ones may not be listed but can be found with developer tools in the browser. (or may be documented elsewhere, I'm not sure about that) 

Edited 1610648332
Jordan C. said: "@{level}" should work if it is a macro created in the character sheet in the "Attributes and Abilities" tab. If it is outside the attribute needs to be preceded by the character name in this format  @{ character_name | attribute } If Cleric is the base level you can use  @{base_level} If it is the multiclass level you can use  @{multiclass1_lvl} If it is the 2nd or 3rd multiclass you can replace 1 with the respective number. For future macroing - these attributes are listed in that page where the character macros go and list a bunch of different things like level or modifiers. More specific ones may not be listed but can be found with developer tools in the browser. (or may be documented elsewhere, I'm not sure about that)  So if I wanted to put it into the character sheet as an action (much like a weapon attack / spell), does the formula look like this?  "1d6" + --- +"@{Character_name|multiclass1_lvl} I tried putting it in after replacing the character name, but its not working. Hmm... This does work if it was just a macro though. Just not when I put it in the core section. The easiest way to do it is literally just put in 1d6 + - + 2, then change the flat number each time you level up; but I wanted to see if its possible to put in some sort of formula to skip that part XDDD
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
You can create a new attack in the core section and place this in the damage field  1d6+@{multiclass1_lvl} Here's a screenshot of what my attack looks like where the highlighted text is where the text is -
Many thanks!