Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Show certain parts of a roll template to GM?

Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello, I found a 5 year old post on this question, is there still no way to do this? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1793729/show-certain-parts-of-a-roll-template-to-gm" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1793729/show-certain-parts-of-a-roll-template-to-gm</a> One possibility would be if Roll20 e.g. inserts a "class="isgm", then this could be queried.
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Are you referring to the last part of that post where a player action sends a query to the GM?
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
It is about the entire contribution. It would be perfect if I could make one line of the rolltemplate visible only for the gm. I just haven't found a way to send a public and a gm message with one roll button.
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
To me it looked as though Kryx found a solution by breaking in the html (which is what is commonly done in macros to whisper after templates). If this is discussing ability to do this with existing sheets in games, there are solutions that provide whispered results after the template with things like new templates but breaking up a template doesn't seem realistic.&nbsp; If it is discussing the ability to customize templates in this way when creating sheets then it might be better to post in that forum.
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
I tried that with the break up of the html, but unfortunately without success, he just wrote as "/w gm" in the chat instead of resolving it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You could look into using the Shaped Sheet (though you would lose Charactermancer access). It has the option to add a display:none &nbsp;tag to many template fields. You decide what not to show by default, and the documentation shows you how to use Stylus to turn them back on, just for the GM. AFAIK, there is no such functionality for the&nbsp;D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You could also look into adapting this Stupid Trick .
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: You could look into using the Shaped Sheet What is this? Cant find it in the Wiki

Edited 1610924570
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
That's strange.&nbsp; It has a link on the main page of the wiki when I look (right column under System/Character Sheet Guides). <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Main_Page" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Main_Page</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Wiki Page General Documentation Hiding with Custom CSS info Shaped is available for installation from the Campaign's settings page, though I would strongly, strongly suggest only using on a fresh game install. Changing character sheets in an existing game can cause all sorts of unexpected behavior and is virtually never a good idea. The Shaped sheet is extremely powerful and customizable, much more so than the Roll20 sheet. It has a slightly higher learning curve due to this. It has not been developed in years though, and so it is becoming slowly but surely less compatible with Roll20 features. For example, it does not work with Charactermancer. Try on a test game before making any decisions.

Edited 1610951920
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
Oh ok Stylus is a browser add-on, I was wondering what this had to do with Roll20.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Stylus has a lot of uses on Roll20: Show Off Your Style , and Show Off Your Style 2: The Stylening!
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
The way you described it at the beginning, I thought it was a function in Roll20 I was not aware of the add-on, so maybe you could have mentioned that it is a browser add-on and not directly related to roll20. The whole thing I could also realize without add-on in the FF with the userContent.css But thanks for the idea, I hadn't thought of that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sorry, I usually mention that it is an extension. I missed doing it this time.