Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LF D&D 4th edition game . . . To observe for a session or two.

Hello, maybe this isn't as an odd a request as it sounds in my head but here goes: I am an old DM plunging headlong into this new technology and would like to watch a session or two of a game actually being played on Roll20 so I get a feel for how a game runs in it. I don't want to actually play (there seems to be a lot of players out there genuinely looking for slots and I don't have the time to join a regular game anyway), just sit in and see an experienced group play through so I can take some notes and understand how the flow and pacing work. And I'll try to remain as "invisible" as possible (no annoying interruptions or questions from the peanut gallery). And since I play 4th edition D&D, that would be my preferred game to watch. Any experienced group out there mind being watched from afar and help this crusty old DM move into the 21st century?
it's just like at a table, except: You got no cues as to when a guy has stopped talking. Sometimes there's lag. Sometimes people shut their mic off and forget they did. Microphones will pick up chip bag noise squeaky chairs, etc. Players sometimes talk at the same time, plus lag. Otherwise it is DM description, players react, roll dice, describe it as old school did.