Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API button hover

I used some of the snippets to style api chat buttons, but I was wondering if there was a way to style them so that the color changes on hover.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Probably not.  Hover color is generally controlled with CSS's pseudo classes for :hover and :active.  Since the API can only send inline CSS, it can't provide pseudo classes.  The best you could hope for would be to discover some existing class you could pass that would provide the style you want. That said, if you only care about showing a different style when you personally hover it, you could use Stylus or some other extension to change it.
I made buttons for the character sheet that change the text color when you hover, and was hoping to do the same with the API buttons for the sake of uniformity, but that was just me pushing my luck.