Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Stop whispering

Edited 1611171977
All the monsters in LMoP are set to whisper. I don't want them to whisper. I (think) I changed the setting but they keep whispering. The only way to keep them from whispering is to turn it off in each individual sheet.  Any other (all at once) solution?
Isn't there a mass default settings option at the bottom of the gear tab (last one on the right)? If there is, I think you can adjust that whisper setting from there.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
On the settings tab in game, there's a button for "Apply Default Settings" that should fix them all.
The Aaron said: On the settings tab in game, there's a button for "Apply Default Settings" that should fix them all. Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. It's next to the Transmogrifier if I recall correctly.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
My guide to all things Whisper: Note that the whisper settings are attached to each individual sheet, there is no actual game setting. These instructions are for changing the defaults for all the character sheets in the game, then applying the settings to all existing sheets. Note that this will also change your PC sheets - you will have to manually change them to a different setting if one is preferred. Here are the ways to toggle this behavior: Always Whisper Go to the Campaign Settings Page Choose "Always Whisper Rolls" under "WHISPER ROLLS TO GM" in the Default Sheet Settings Save Load your game Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. Choose to update the Whisper settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve. There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar. Never Whisper There's a bug in the game settings that doesn't recognize "Never Whisper Rolls", possibly because it is trying to write a blank value. The solution is to use Whisper Toggle. The default is public, so once this is set, all rolls should show. Go to the Campaign Settings Page Choose "Whisper Toggle" under "WHISPER ROLLS TO GM" in the Default Sheet Settings Save Load your game Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. Choose to update the Whisper settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve. There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar. Query Whisper The default is public, so once this is set, all rolls should show by default unless you choose otherwise. Go to the Campaign Settings Page Choose "Query Whisper" under "WHISPER ROLLS TO GM" in the Default Sheet Settings Save Load your game Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. Choose to update the Whisper settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve. There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar.    7. Have fun!