Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add the ability to search within your own Replies/Topics

Edited 1611323125
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I think the ability to search my previous replies would be very convenient. I often run across questions on the forum that I have either answered before, or whose solution is similar to something that I have answered previously and my previous post is a good starting off point. Currently, I either have to wade through pages of replies and scan for the topic, or head to Google (not guaranteed) to eventually come across my previous post. Pretty frustrating, and only gets worse with time. I've really only been active on the forums for the last 7 months or so, and have over 800 replies. I can't imagine what it will be like after a few years (looking at you, Oosh, GiGs, keithcurtis, TheAaron, Gold, Kraynic, and others)! I know I could come up with an external indexing/cataloging system with bookmarks, but should that really be necessary in 2021? I'm active on the forums because it is often a fun mental exercise, I like giving back to the community, and I think it helps the success of the platform overall. Bookkeeping is none of these things. There is already search within each sub-forum. Would it be that hard to add search capability to our lists of replies/topics? Maybe there is something that I don't understand about what goes on in the backend that would make this problematic. I have a feeling that this suggestion will get mothballed in the warehouse that holds the Arc of the Covenant, since it probably isn't an issue for the average user, but I just had to vent. Me want moar search.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .