Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Community Sheet problems with latest update

Edited 1611426932
Hello, I have been using the Pathfinder Community Sheet with various shortcut macros for well over 2 years. These issues just started occurring with the recent January 2021 updates. -----ISSUE 1: SPELLCASTING------ Firstly, when using the following Macro: /w @{selected|token_name} @%{selected|spellbook-0}  On some spellbooks, the macro works as it always has. A player or myself can click on the spell and receive the corresponding output However, on a select few other character's sheets, using the same macros, and with no past record of errors, I am now getting: Clicking on any spell produces a secondary error Nothing has been altered in the character sheets, no level-up, no player or GM alterations of any of the macros, in-sheet, text, or other in-game changes have occurred. This issue has also affected several NPCs I have created, while others are completely unaffected. The only difference between sheets this error occurs in versus ones it does not, is that the character sheets this is occurring on are all Prepared Casters. However, I cannot recreate it on Spontaneous Casters. Even changing a Prepared Caster to Spontaneous does not seem to repair the issue, and likewise switching from Spontaneous to Prepared does not replicate the problem. Additionally, I quickly made a new character sheet, made it Prepared, and added a couple of spells, and could not replicate the issue, so I am unsure if this is truly the root cause of the problem, or simply a coincidence.  -----ISSUE 2: ATTACK FORMATING------ The second issue I am having is that text in the "Extra Crit Dmg (b)" box appears to break the formatting of attacks upon rolling a critical hit. This was not an issue previously. Unlike the previous issue, I was able to confirm the source of this problem. Previously, Extra Critical Hit text was cleanly displayed like so: -------- I appreciate any assistance, insight, or advice regarding these issues. Thank you in advance.

Edited 1611429716
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Jeff, I'm sorry you are experiencing these issues.  Just did some quick tests and I'm not able to reproduce either issue. ;-( Issue #1; One thing I just noticed is the character name might cause issues...  ie "Gwen.(Reborn)" If I changed one of my caster's to a similar name, the spellbook breaks like your example.  I'm thinking that some of those characters (probably the ")" ) are breaking the macro somehow. Roll20 doesn't disallow special characters in the character_name/token_name fields and that has been known to cause issues with character sheets and macros in the past. What happens if you rename the character from "Gwen.(Reborn)" to "Gwen_reborn"? Issue #2; Is this glitch due to a "global" extra crit damage entry, per weapon, or both?  Can you post the damage and the type text for the extra crit damage fields?  I'm wondering if there is something in there as well that is causing an issue. Thanks

Edited 1611436185
Thanks for the quick response Vince! The parenthesis indeed were causing the problem! And the issue has been resolved! Thank you! This raises an interesting observation though, because those parenthesis have been there since at least November without issue. Additionally, every single NPC and monster I have have ever created since my game began nearly 3 years ago has had "(CR X)" in their name, and never until now has it caused an issue. Even rolling the spellbooks for old NPCs with those old parenthesis will not cause a problem. However, any new character created with parenthesis will. Very bizarre, but that's a rabbit hole of its own to jump down. Certainly I have no issue removing parenthesis from any sheet that needs it. Glad to see this was a super easy fix. Thank you for helping me with a solution! ----- In regards to issue 2. It is in the "global" entry. The per weapon entry is blank. The global crit "Type" field is unfilled. The "Global Extra Crit" text is: " *Weapon Material Mastery*  Critical hits ignore DR when using Adamantine weapon *Bleeding Critical* +[[2d6]] Bleed damage on critical hits. DC 15 heal. (Stacks with other bleed effects) *Staggering Critical* Stagger target for [[1d4+1]] rounds. A successful Fortitude save reduces the duration to 1 round. DC is [[(10+@{class-0-bab})]]. The effects of this feat do not stack. Additional hits instead add to the duration."
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Jeff.  Looks like the change I made to show the Damage Type on all attacks introduced a conflict with extra damage output...;-( I'll have a fix out Monday.  Very sorry about that. 

Edited 1611448726
No need to apologize. These things happen, and I fully appreciate the effort and complexity of the Community Sheet. I routinely point to the ease of use of this sheet in particular for my ability to run Pathfinder with efficiency. Thank you to you and the team who regularly update and maintain this sheet and thank for you for the fix!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Made some adjustments that should help. regular pf_attack roll template; simple pf_attack roll template Pull request submitted.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/8139" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/8139</a> Should be live Mon/Tue... Cheers