Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

About subscriptions

Here's my situation. I subscibed for a year for the supporter "level". If after this year Roll20 is still here seemes to be here for at least another year and I want to use it I'll be upgrading my level to mentor (assuming the levels don't change). Because I can't find any information about the subject I'm assuming the following: If you upgrade to mentor level it starts immediately and the remaining supporter level subscription is lost. There is no way to choose to change the level of subscription in advance. I mean that now my subscription will be automatically renewed as supporter level and there is nothing I can do to change this. The best course of action for me is to cancel my subscription and wait until my level drops from supporter to free and then subscribe for mentor level (if I still want to use Roll20). Any comments from people who actually know how this works? Edit. And before anyone asks what's the problem the problem is that I'm fairly sure I can't remember to subscribe for mentor level the day my supporter level will be renewed.
I passed this along to the roll20 team, I'm pretty sure you can upgrade without losing $ but I'll let them say exactly how it works,
Ok thanks.
It's all pro-rated. When you upgrade, we start your new subscription immediately, and you get credit for whatever is left on your old subscription. So if you go from Supporter Yearly to Mentor Yearly, and you're half-way through your Supporter Yearly subscription period, you would get half of your Support Yearly fee applied as a credit toward your Mentor Yearly fee, and then we would immediately bill you for the difference. Same thing for monthly accounts.
Ok, that makes sense but it just isn't written anywhere. Thanks for the information.