Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Seeking help with a simple (?) dice macro

Edited 1611791510
Sorry to ask, but I have spent a couple hours on the wiki pages and I’m not figuring out what I have to do to get this result. I’d like to make a simple dice macro that outputs some text based on the result. To be specific, I want roll a single d20, and if the result is 15 or higher to output “Yay! I made it” Or something like that. Or if the roll is 14 or lower “Oh no, I suck!” Or something like that. I’ve been playing with inline rolls and macros, and even experimenting with double brackets and even looking at roll templates. I would just really appreciate some help or a pointer to how to do it. EDIT: Just for Context, Pathfinder 2E has some very simple rolls for the Dying Condition or Persistent Damage. Like recovering with a flat die roll with set target numbers like 5 and 15. So, it’s an easy dice expression, I just want to make it look cool in chat.
It's not a Macro you need, it's an API to grant a specific visual output on a critical success or failure. Otherwise you just have a red number for a failure, or a green number for a success. [[1d20cf<14cs>15]] As a free account, I don't know anything about programming API.

Edited 1611797594
Well, thanks. Critical success and Critical failure is not something I’m trying to evaluate, but I appreciate the effort. I just want to test and report for hitting a static number. But now I know I have to look to API.

Edited 1611799820
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
You can kinda do this but its a bit odd and restricted. You can set up two rollable tables each with one item. Name them identically except for the last character which should be 0 and 1. (i.e. "Table0" contains one table item named "Oh no, I suck!" and "Table1" contains "Yay! I made it."). From there you can create a macro like this: [[ 1t[Table[[(1d20>14)]]]] ]] Where any roll of 14 or lower will return "Table0" and therefore return the failure statement, and for anything above 14 it will return "Table1" and it's item. And you can change 14 to match any DC you want.  Formatting will output a yellow background roll but scripts like Recursive Table can sort that out easily. Edit: Simpler variation of this trick from David M.