Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Maps

Edited 1617457538

Tenho's sketch map of the Fallen Halls of Khundrakar, derived from the records at Fort Skulnar, and interviews with two expedition survivors. You are currently in the section known as the Mountain Door, having entered the Glitterhame via the Orc Tunnel.

Edited 1610877350
Wonderful, Tenho is full of useful information.  We must have a chat when there's time I would like to pick his brains on the where/how and who to craft mithral half-plate. If it helps here's my map of the mountain door.  It's not as good as Tenho's, I'm level 1 and terrified so my hands are shaking a bit.
Matt said: Wonderful, Tenho is full of useful information.  We must have a chat when there's time I would like to pick his brains on the where/how and who to craft mithral half-plate. If it helps here's my map of the mountain door.  It's not as good as Tenho's, I'm level 1 and terrified so my hands are shaking a bit. What a GREAT sketch!!! :-D

Edited 1610904589
Just a question of getting the mithral , any good armourer can work mithral like steel. You'll be looking at around 1250gp for a suit (750gp for half plate, +500gp for mithral). I'm sure Tenho can point you to a good source of mithral. :) Matt said: Wonderful, Tenho is full of useful information.  We must have a chat when there's time I would like to pick his brains on the where/how and who to craft mithral half-plate. If it helps here's my map of the mountain door.  It's not as good as Tenho's, I'm level 1 and terrified so my hands are shaking a bit.
Simon N. said: Just a question of getting the mithral , any good armourer can work mithral like steel. You'll be looking at around 1250gp for a suit (750gp for half plate, +500gp for mithral). I'm sure Tenho can point you to a good source of mithral. :) Thanks Tenho & Simon
Political Map local area M8 1359 DR
Reading the map I thought there was 2 sir Randal Chaney but the southern is spelt with an a. Are they related or are they two seperated knights?
WhiteValyrian said: Reading the map I thought there was 2 sir Randal Chaney but the southern is spelt with an a. Are they related or are they two seperated knights? Oops - the lower one is wrong, should be Sir Rodney Carlin! :-O Egilmont Manor Leader: Sir Rodney Carlin ( lesser knight ) The lost Paladin  Dagny  Carlin was the eldest daughter of  Sir Rodney Carlin , the Lord of Egilmont Manor, now aging, but still a bluff and vigorous old knight.The Carlins have no love for their immediate liege, the Baron Grimstead. Dagny had a serious rift with her sister  Samantha , Baron Skolnar's new bride, and did not attend the wedding ceremony at Castle Grimstead. Sir Rodney is married to  Lady Daetha , a sensible woman originally from Ostel. Sir Rodney's once-wayward youngest daughter Laverne Carlin is now  Battle Sister Praetoria  at St Cecilia's Abbey.  Sir Rodney Carlin Lady Daetha Carlin

Edited 1611957202
Oh cool looking through the map had me curious where was Bronda from and how far I am from the forest of Leth.
WhiteValyrian said: Oh cool looking through the map had me curious where was Bronda from and how far I am from the forest of Leth. This map shows the Rawlinswood where the Elves of Leth live. Sister Bronda says she's from Beaumaris in northern Carmathan.
Damn home is far away I would be annoyed to walk all the way from Rawlinswood to south Chaney manor XD. Poor Strohm
WhiteValyrian said: Damn home is far away I would be annoyed to walk all the way from Rawlinswood to south Chaney manor XD. Poor Strohm It's a fair walk to the talking trees of Rawlinswood Strohm.  If you like, I'll make the journey with you, got folks there myself.  *says Eldred*   Politico map of Hommlet county is great Simon, very handy, thank you.  I am looking forward to tonight's game, and the showdown with The Great Ulfe (Gary).  
Damara Political 1359 DR
Wow seeing the fallen halls and abbey its located in a tight box I feel were really small compared to Damara as a whole
Yeah. I love the fact Simon has provided the three scales of map. We are small fry - I doubt any of us will have ever left the are covered by this map, some may never have been off the local map.
:)
Simon N. said:   Tenho's sketch map of the Fallen Halls of Khundrakar, derived from the records at Fort Skulnar, and interviews with two expedition survivors. You are currently in the section known as the Mountain Door, having entered the Glitterhame via the Orc Tunnel. The candles have burned low, only the bold band of adventurers sit, huddled around the dying embers of the fire. The Dwarfs are humming a low, mournful tune, bringing their pewter tankards together in a hypnotic rhythm, reminiscent of hammers on distant anvils, when the ugly smith, Fraener, begins his tale.  “My name is Fraener ap Durgeddin. My grandsire was Durgeddin the Black and it was he who lead his people, my people, from Carak Nur when the Orcs came.  South they went, and deep below the mountain they delved. A new home was built and Khundrakar they called it.  From the Mountain Door to the Black Mere, my people wrought stone, metals and the gems of the earth. Treasures and other wonders filled the hall’s of my forefathers. But tales of these treasures reached the ears of the wicked all too soon.  Through tunnels deep and secret a great army of Goblins, Orcs, Ogres and other wicked folk entered Khundrakar, slaying King Durgeddin and scattering those who survived.  Long are the years that have passed, memories grow dim, only a spark compared to the mighty forges of Dwarffather, Moradin, The Soulforger that once filled the underground foundries.  But this spark I will kindle and carry with me back to the Glitterhame...
We should totally go check it out Fraener dude, my brother Eldred was be-headed there you know.

Edited 1613638617

Edited 1613638554

Edited 1613653316
Loving all these maps, Simon! Thanks for all your hard work! :D
Tim M. said: Loving all these maps, Simon! Thanks for all your hard work! :D You're welcome - a lot of this is from when I started FA in 2018, all the rest from 2019-20 I think - no recent hard work! :)
Maybe not, but work all the same. 
its good stuff, whenever its from
Well, big kudos to Simon. I'm thoroughly enjoying the game in all of its incarnations. Learning a lot about what it takes to play a non-linear game formatted like this, too!
Geoff said: Well, big kudos to Simon. I'm thoroughly enjoying the game in all of its incarnations. Learning a lot about what it takes to play a non-linear game formatted like this, too! Yeah, I definitely prefer sandbox games to on-rails! :D
Political Map ca start of M9 1359 DR
question is the fallen halls separate from the caves of doom?

Edited 1613818720
WhiteValyrian said: question is the fallen halls separate from the caves of doom? The Caves of Doom is the region of the Underdark directly beneath the Fallen Halls. Likewise the Cathedral Caves is the region of the Underdark beneath Stoneheart Vale, the Wind Rift is the region of the Underdark beneath Whistling Cave/Spider Cave, and the Lakelands is the region of the Underdark beneath Chaney Shire. According to Fraener's ancestral accounts, Khundrakar/The Fallen Halls does connect to the Caves of Doom via the Black Lake, and possibly via the Sinkhole also.
Ah, so Erasmus is from Camarthen. I thought he was Arcatan from the other maps.  Good to know. 
Tim M. said: Ah, so Erasmus is from Camarthen. I thought he was Arcatan from the other maps.  Good to know.  No, all the ruined villages are in Arcata - pick one. :)
Ah, okay. I imagined it to have been in this area and was simply too small to register.  Guess I'll go with Robden as it looks more remote. Erasmus had a sheltered life. 
Combined Map on Roll20
Area around Ravensburg
why is Ravensburg red is it symbolizing danger? 
It probably represents its importance. I think it's the capital of the region. 
Yes, red is for capitals. Heliogabalus is the actual capital of the kingdom, but Ravensburg is the capital of Carmathan Duchy.
oh and D'Ashe part of the Arcata Duchy, where is the Duke I mean his whole land is terrorized with orcs, goblins, and death cults. 
WhiteValyrian said: oh and D'Ashe part of the Arcata Duchy, where is the Duke I mean his whole land is terrorized with orcs, goblins, and death cults.  That's right. :)
F rom &nbsp; <a href="http://frloudwater.blogspot.com/2020/08/faerun-adventures-beginner-5e-d-game.html" rel="nofollow">http://frloudwater.blogspot.com/2020/08/faerun-adventures-beginner-5e-d-game.html</a> Duke William has only left Valls once this year, to travel to Heliogabalus in M4 (April/Stormsend), where he voted for the Prince-Baron Dimian Ree Hogarth of Morov become the new King of Damara. Duchy of Arcata Ruler: Duke&nbsp; William &nbsp;'the Lazy' of House&nbsp; Hogarth , 8th Duke of Arcata Ruling House: Hogarth Family Crest: Diving Dagger and&nbsp; Mountains Three Province Sigil: Pick &amp; Hammer&nbsp; William is rumoured virtual captive of the Ducal Guard under Commander&nbsp; Mykros . Vizier&nbsp; Severus Slytherin .&nbsp;Bishop&nbsp; Gilpin &nbsp;at the Cathedral of St Sollars in Valls. Knight Lieutenant&nbsp; Palador deVir . Princess&nbsp; Renee Hogarth . Renee's companion Lady&nbsp; Susan Valls . Renee's Chaplain&nbsp; Aedina . Population: 150,000 Capital: Valls (6,300) Towns: Ostrav (2000), Tomrav (1450), Sudrav (1600) Arcata includes the mineral-rich northern Earthspur mountains, and such famed resorts as&nbsp; D'Ashe Manor &nbsp; and the&nbsp; Inn of the Welcome Wench &nbsp;at&nbsp; Hommlet . Despite her wealth, much of the territory is not very tactically defensible from Valls, and the local manors and townships must often look to their own defences. Perhaps Arcata is most famous for the&nbsp; Monastery of the Yellow Rose &nbsp;high in the northern Earthspur mountains overlooking the White Worm Glacier. More than a thousand years ago around 320 DR, when the White Worm was still part of the Great Glacier, extending south across Vaasa and the Galenas Mountains to the shores of the Moonsea, the Monks of St Sollars crossed the ice to found their remote monastery devoted to the Twice-Martyred. In northern Arcata lies the&nbsp; Barony duLac &nbsp;under&nbsp; Baron Brandon DuLac , father of&nbsp; Arifia DuLac &nbsp;and uncle of&nbsp; Barbara d'Ashe . The DuLac are allied with the&nbsp; DuCaris &nbsp;family across the river in Brandiar.
WhiteValyrian said: oh and D'Ashe part of the Arcata Duchy, where is the Duke I mean his whole land is terrorized with orcs, goblins, and death cults.&nbsp; That's what we're here for!&nbsp;
Tim M. said: WhiteValyrian said: oh and D'Ashe part of the Arcata Duchy, where is the Duke I mean his whole land is terrorized with orcs, goblins, and death cults.&nbsp; That's what we're here for!&nbsp; A nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there. Oh, wait a minute....