Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro for displaying party quick stats in chat?

Would like to click one macro and have some basic stats for all party members show up in chat: Max and current HP Max and current Hit Dice Exhaustion levels Passive Perception How do y'all handle this?
What game are you playing? (E.g. D&D 5th Edition?) What character sheet are you using? (E.g. D&D 5E by Roll20?) Here's a pretty basic one I just threw together for the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet (you'll have to switch out all the PLAYERNAMEs for your PC's names):  /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Party Status}} {{description=**Health** PLAYERNAME1 HP = @{ PLAYERNAME1 |hp} / @{ PLAYERNAME1 |hp|max} PLAYERNAME2 HP = @{ PLAYERNAME2 |hp} / @{ PLAYERNAME2 |hp|max} PLAYERNAME3 HP = @{ PLAYERNAME3 |hp} / @{ PLAYERNAME3 |hp|max} **Passive Perception** PLAYERNAME1 = @{ PLAYERNAME1 | passive_wisdom } PLAYERNAME2 = @{ PLAYERNAME2 | passive_wisdom } PLAYERNAME3 = @{ PLAYERNAME3 | passive_wisdom } **Exhaustion** PLAYERNAME1 = @{ PLAYERNAME1 | exhaustion_level } PLAYERNAME2 = @{ PLAYERNAME2 | exhaustion_level } PLAYERNAME3 = @{ PLAYERNAME3 | exhaustion_level } }}
Jarren K. said: What game are you playing? (E.g. D&D 5th Edition?) What character sheet are you using? (E.g. D&D 5E by Roll20?) Here's a pretty basic one I just threw together for the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet (you'll have to switch out all the PLAYERNAMEs for your PC's names):  /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Party Status}} {{description=**Health** PLAYERNAME1 HP = @{ PLAYERNAME1 |hp} / @{ PLAYERNAME1 |hp|max} PLAYERNAME2 HP = @{ PLAYERNAME2 |hp} / @{ PLAYERNAME2 |hp|max} PLAYERNAME3 HP = @{ PLAYERNAME3 |hp} / @{ PLAYERNAME3 |hp|max} **Passive Perception** PLAYERNAME1 = @{ PLAYERNAME1 | passive_wisdom } PLAYERNAME2 = @{ PLAYERNAME2 | passive_wisdom } PLAYERNAME3 = @{ PLAYERNAME3 | passive_wisdom } **Exhaustion** PLAYERNAME1 = @{ PLAYERNAME1 | exhaustion_level } PLAYERNAME2 = @{ PLAYERNAME2 | exhaustion_level } PLAYERNAME3 = @{ PLAYERNAME3 | exhaustion_level } }} Nice, thank you! Yes, I'm playing D&D and using the OGL sheet. 
I have the rudiments of this going now, thanks to Jarren K. Now I'm wondering if there's any way to prettify the output. /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Party Status}} {{**Name**=**Health**}} {{Idina Barzin=@{Idina Barzin|hp}/@{Idina Barzin|hp|max} HP}} {{Iorminas=@{Iorminas|hp}/@{Iorminas|hp|max} HP}} {{Leonora Duarte=@{Leonora Duarte|hp}/@{Leonora Duarte|hp|max} HP}} {{Melody Litchfield=@{Melody Litchfield|hp}/@{Melody Litchfield|hp|max} HP}} {{Thezumin Yeltoris=@{Thezumin Yeltoris|hp}/@{Thezumin Yeltoris|hp|max} HP}} The above code works but right-justifies the text in the left-hand column, which results in some wasted space. Anyone have any advice on how to avoid that?

Edited 1612028037
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can see how it looks using this Stylus style for the default template: Thread:  Show Off Your Style 2: The Stylening! Style:  Default Roll Template Enhancement   -  [install] Before and after:
keithcurtis said: You can see how it looks using this Stylus style for the default template: Thread:  Show Off Your Style 2: The Stylening! Style:  Default Roll Template Enhancement   -  [install] Before and after: Oh, I've already got that Stylus extension installed, so mercifully, I haven't dealt with the big pink buttons in quite a while. I think my issue is that the NPC action template, as awesome as it otherwise is, doesn't let you do the double-column trick that you can use with the default template.
Jay R. said: I have the rudiments of this going now, thanks to Jarren K. Now I'm wondering if there's any way to prettify the output. /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Party Status}} {{**Name**=**Health**}} {{Idina Barzin=@{Idina Barzin|hp}/@{Idina Barzin|hp|max} HP}} {{Iorminas=@{Iorminas|hp}/@{Iorminas|hp|max} HP}} {{Leonora Duarte=@{Leonora Duarte|hp}/@{Leonora Duarte|hp|max} HP}} {{Melody Litchfield=@{Melody Litchfield|hp}/@{Melody Litchfield|hp|max} HP}} {{Thezumin Yeltoris=@{Thezumin Yeltoris|hp}/@{Thezumin Yeltoris|hp|max} HP}} The above code works but right-justifies the text in the left-hand column, which results in some wasted space. Anyone have any advice on how to avoid that? Using the 'default' template, the code defaults to a right-justification in the left column and left-justification in the right column... it's possible in a couple limited cases to adjust that using a lot of ridiculous style injection. With Keith's Stylus code above, he doesn't use the left-hand column, which does give a nice output at the end. A far better approach is to use one of the style sheets from the character sheet that you are using, such as 'npcaction' for the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet. They are far easier to customize with style injection or Stylus code.
I use the npcaction template all the time for other things. But it doesn't let you display info in double columns, which is really what I'm after.