Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New script.json validation on the Roll20 GitHub repository not working?

Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
I don't think it is just me, but I could be wrong... I've been trying to update the script.json for PowerCards and add ScriptCards to the repository, but it look like on Friday a new script.json validator was added to the pull request process, and it fails to validate the json files, even though the json validator recommended by the Readme says they pass the validation. It let me create the pull request, but I assume it won't be merged because of the validation failure. I even went so far as to save off all of my changes and delete and refork my repository, but still no luck getting past the validator.
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
Some more details... It looks like the script.json file is actually passing validation according to the screenshot below, but the validator is then failing because it is getting a permissions error trying to update the PR to mark it as passed:
Sorry about that - looks like it only works for PRs within  the repo, so I've gone ahead and removed that portion.  If you pull the changes to master into your fork, you should be good to go now.
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
Sydney S. said: Sorry about that - looks like it only works for PRs within  the repo, so I've gone ahead and removed that portion.  If you pull the changes to master into your fork, you should be good to go now. Thanks Sydney. I'll give it a shot is a bit.
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
That worked :) Thanks again.