Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dragging from Compendium gets locked up (monsters in particular)

Hello- I'm having a hard time describing this situation fully.  But the short version is that on Chrome (latest) on my Macbook (latest OS), when I drag a monster from the Compendium onto a map, it works inconsistently.  In the worst case, I find one monster and drag it on with no problem.  But then I do some stuff, and go to drag another monster from the Compendium and it locks.  By "lock" I mean that the monster I dragged doesn't show up on the compendium, nor does it get automatically add to the Journal.  And any further dragging is now broken - dragging from Compendium acts like text selection.  And I usually see a text bar in the upper left with the new monster.  I can't even drag from Journal to the map.  See screen shot.   I just tried this in Chrome's Incognito mode and saw the same effect.  It happened after dragging a couple monsters, but then locked in the same fashion.   Is there a setting that I messed up....  Interesting, I had turned on " Use window popouts for characters ".  But if I turn this off, this locking behavior seems to stop.  I think this partially fixes my problem.  But I would like it to not happen at all - I've had issues with drag-and-drop magic items to character sheets failing, but not in the same way.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try this fix . Chrome seems to have really messed up some Roll20 behavior with popout windows a few months back. Turning the behavior off in you in-game settings or switching to firefox will likely clear it up.
Thanks. Turning off that popup flag seems to help.